ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a TWM big bore throttle body, But there is no idle adjust screw or journal.??
Ther is about a 1/4" port after the valve.Can i run a line from there to Somewhere in front of the valve with an adjustable flow restricter to act as idle journal and adjustment screw???

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>once owned a weber trot body and</b>

been awile so hmmmmmm
my turbo had no idle adjust----via: air adjust screw, just a screw that opens the gate in the chamber, like slightley holding down the gas pedal

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
RE: once owned a weber trot body and

I guess I don't completely understand your post. Unless you found it in its box the Big Throat has no markings on it to indicate it is TWM or Weber, not that it would make a difference. The throttle body should be drilled and tapped for the idle adjust screw. You just need to get one off of your old TB. I am not sure what you mean by a "journal".

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: once owned a weber trot body and</b>

TMW USA is stamped in pretty big print on the side of flange.(between two mounting bolt holes)
The stock throttle bodies on my 76 and 78 have a journal connecting the front and back side of the valve itself.The idle screw restricts the airflow which bypasses the valve for idle.
My BB has an extra opening aft of valve with a collet for sliding a hose over.(underside of body)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.