ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Check the tire ratings reviews for sports/GT cars in "Consumers Reports" magazine. Yeah I know it's a consumer magazine that's written with a consumerist bias rather than an auto enthusiasts point of view. But even though, CR is objective and factual.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
It's a good tire for daily driving but has very little performance. Look at the specs. They rate at 620AB which means it's a really hard tire for long lasting. For performance you want a softer tire so that it sticks to the road better. I'm running the BF goodrich radial T/A or something like that which is rated at 420AB on my 280z. Decent tire and corners decently but I'm switching pretty soon to some yokohamas that are rated at 280AA.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted some Kumho Ecstas...but they were out of stock. I usually rank tires using tirerack's search feature...search by size and then rank them by price and snow traction...this usually comes up with the best all season tire at the best price.

Not sure how they do it...but this tire is rated well for dry traction & snow traction as well as wear.

The Kumho Ectsta 716 turned out to be very good tires....they do need to be run at high pressures though.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ST

Not a summer tire...but when inflated to near max...it might do pretty well. A lot of people don't know when to adjust tire pressures...just use the label on the glove compartment.

I don't buy the tires in the 300 range...lucky if they last 10K on my car.

Post Edited (Jul 17, 5:28am)

·
Registered
875 Posts
I just put B.F.Goodrich g-force T/A KDWS on mine, got them at Wal-Mart special order for $111.22. Tire dealers around the area were much higher.
Can't tell you much about them as I just got'em last thursday. But between them and the Tokico Illuminas I have noticed a difference in the ride.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I had them on my camaro and THEY sucked when it came to traction. I had around 360hp in it though. My friend has them on his 84 300zx n/a and really likes them since its an auto he doesn't really get the opportunity to squeal them on a launch or anything but it handled very nicely with not much squeal around sharp corners.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got them at discount tire direct for $62 each..free shipping....205/60/16.

I was finding good used tires for $10-20 each with 1/2 to 2/3s tread left.

Tried a lot of different tires...from Mastercraft (Cooper) that had a hard tread...dangerous in the wet....to some that had good grip (you couldn't get them to break loose)...Bridgestone Potenzas...but they wore real fast.

Most were somewhere in between.

There are some good all season tires like the Kumho Ecsta 716s and maybe the Traction T/As that give you good traction AND you can put some miles on them. Both of these are the soft sidewall types that need higher pressures.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've had them on my car AE for about a month now. There a decent tire, a really good tire in the wet, and decent performance. I'm going back to school so I needed a tire that would last more than a couple of seasons so I'm hoping these will work, A lot quieter than the Dunlop SP Sport A2's I used to run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.