ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there was a company on the web (yes I have lost track of them) that made an engine management system that seemed better than the tec2 system. If I remember right, it was cheaper and didnt need an external computer to reprogram it..?

It did cotrol fuel and incorporated a distributorless ignition system.

any ideas?

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
cant you remember?
SDS, DFI or other?
i think it is SDS
Cheaper dont necessarily means better

CarlosZXT

> there was a company on the web (yes I have
> lost track of them) that made an engine
> management system that seemed better than
> the tec2 system. If I remember right, it was
> cheaper and didnt need an external computer
> to reprogram it..?

> It did cotrol fuel and incorporated a
> distributorless ignition system.

> any ideas?

> thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
not better, but here it is

SDS is the only company I know of that makes a stand alone engine management system that you don't need a laptop to program. They barely added a six cylinder distributorless model a few months ago. Holley makes one, but it's a throttle body injection without ignition control and you would have to use the four barrel manifold. If you want to go cheap go with the Hollley. I have seen complete used units for as little as $150. I would not recommend the SDS. It's false economy. You lose lots of flexability and tuning options by not having a laptop. You also will not have any logging/data tracking functions. They are very important in tuning your car. I have no doubt the SDS can perform as good as any other system, IF you can get it set right. It's price is comparable to other systems (the price in their ads is for a non distributorless 4 cylinder model). The only money that you will save will be in the purchase of a laptop. You can get used 386 laptops for as little as $150. They wil function fine for programming the ECM. There's no reason to have to run out and buy the latest,lightest, and fastest one out there. If you have any more questions, just ask. Or feel free to email me as I've spent the last two years studying all this as I planned my 240 turbo project. Over that time the project has evolved from a basic budget get it running to a do it right the first time project.
greg
71 240z

> cant you remember?
> SDS, DFI or other?
> i think it is SDS
> Cheaper dont necessarily means better

> CarlosZXT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: not better, but here it is

Well I would not go as far as to say that the only money saved is the purchase price of the laptop. I paid $1250 for my SDS setup. Mine car is a 71 240Z with a 280zxt motor. It is Fuel and ignition (although not distributerless).
options I purchased:
Fast idle
3 bar map sensor
fuel pump relay

What benefit does the TecII being distributerless give you. I may still upgrade to the distributerless SDS just because it looks cool. Data logging, is also not that important to me. I don't have a lambda sensor that will read TRUE air fuel mixture so output from the O2 sensor is unimportant. ANY system to be tuned properly needs a few runs on the dyno with a lambda meter to make peak power. The fact that the SDS can only display one tuning value at a time (as opposed to the TECII on a laptop) is less bothersome than you might think. I have a series of Excel spreadsheets and charts on my home computer that help do trend analasys. This works out very well. The SDS also does not offer proportional idle. My car idles GREAT. I researched all of the options and based on the prices and the features I went with it. I feel that the SDS is the best value on the market. My car is far from a budget project. I have built it along the way to be able to support substantially more than stock HP. I have run all stainless steel braided line. I put a 1/2 pickup in the tank. I am running a turbo Porsche fuel pump. I will be ordering a t3/t4 hybrid turbo from Turbonetics in the next few weeks. After that larger injectors and a front mounted intercooler are the next items. What I have not done is spend alot on money on chrome parts etc... Going fast is much more important to me.

After working with the SDS for the past 6 months would I purchase it again?
YES YES YES!!!!!

Do I feel Limited by features available on the TECII but not on the SDS?
Absolutely not.

But I feel that you have to do your own research and find a system that will work for you. Decide whether the extra features that the TECII or DFI offer will truly be usefull to you.

The SDS was right for me, the TECII was right for Greg. But you have to decide for yourself what your needs are.

Email me and I can send you a few photos on system installation.

Eric Brinkman
71 240zt
[email protected]

> SDS is the only company I know of that makes
> a stand alone engine management system that
> you don't need a laptop to program. They
> barely added a six cylinder distributorless
> model a few months ago. Holley makes one,
> but it's a throttle body injection without
> ignition control and you would have to use
> the four barrel manifold. If you want to go
> cheap go with the Hollley. I have seen
> complete used units for as little as $150. I
> would not recommend the SDS. It's false
> economy. You lose lots of flexability and
> tuning options by not having a laptop. You
> also will not have any logging/data tracking
> functions. They are very important in tuning
> your car. I have no doubt the SDS can
> perform as good as any other system, IF you
> can get it set right. It's price is
> comparable to other systems (the price in
> their ads is for a non distributorless 4
> cylinder model). The only money that you
> will save will be in the purchase of a
> laptop. You can get used 386 laptops for as
> little as $150. They wil function fine for
> programming the ECM. There's no reason to
> have to run out and buy the latest,lightest,
> and fastest one out there. If you have any
> more questions, just ask. Or feel free to
> email me as I've spent the last two years
> studying all this as I planned my 240 turbo
> project. Over that time the project has
> evolved from a basic budget get it
> running to a do it right the
> first time project.
> greg
> 71 240z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: not better, but here it is

> Well I would not go as far as to say that
> the only money saved is the purchase price
> of the laptop. I paid $1250 for my SDS
> setup.

I am about to become an SDS customer. I would buy the TEC-II, but here is what pisses me off. I don't care about the PC costs. I'm in information systems, I can borrow a notebook anytime I need one, or like someone said, you can buy a used one cheap. What turns me off is that you have to pay hundreds of dollars more for the software to use the thousand + dollar piece of hardware you just bought. I can understand that they originally envisioned tuner shops setting up the system for customers, and I can understand them making money on their top of the line extra features stuff. But there should be a lite version that ships in the box that would let me get my system up and running. To me this is like me buying a printer for a PC, then the vendor charging me again for the drivers to use it.

Just my humble opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
Re: not better, but here it is

I know exactly what you mean, Eric. i'm suprised at the price of the distributorless SDS system. It's less than $200 more than the cost of their regular unit. They've only recently released the price in the last month, I figured it would be a 3-400 dollar option. Still, the base TEC is about $1100, and it has a lot of the extras of the SDS (like knock detector, idle control) already built in. The high price of the software has always been a bad point with the TEC, though. It starts at $200 and goes up based on features. I heard somebody had written better software for it a few months ago, but haven't heard anything since ( Ericz, Timz, turbo240/JimT-are you listening?) Like Eric said, you have to identify your goals and pick a system based on that. The difference in price is really not that big considering the project you are taking on. I myself did not pick the TEC. I went with a Fel-Pro. True sequential injection along with a wideband 02 sensor. The wideband 02 sensor allows the ECM to tune itself to run the exact air fuel ratios that I program in, ANYWHERE in the operating range. Works exactly like $2000 Horiba air fuel meters.Unlike standard 02 sensors that only read rich/lean and require you to run open loop at full throttle conditions. Hopefully it will work out as planned and allow me to run the car closer to the edge and still be safe. And there are other systems out there. Don't forget the old standby Accell DFI. There's enough of them out there that you can pick one up used. A few weeks ago I bought a DFI unit for $300. Fuel and ignition control model. Next year when accel comes out with their new model I expect someone can pick up one of the older units fairly easily/ cheaply. After all, it's been around ten years now!! Gotta go now, didn't mean to write a book on the subject :) Just wanted everybody to know that whie the SDS is a fine unit, it's not a cheap version of the TEC. They are different in more ways than they are the same. Two different ways of doing the same job. Do your homework and you won't be dissappointed.
greg
71 240z

> Well I would not go as far as to say that
> the only money saved is the purchase price
> of the laptop. I paid $1250 for my SDS
> setup. Mine car is a 71 240Z with a 280zxt
> motor. It is Fuel and ignition (although not
> distributerless).
> options I purchased:
> Fast idle
> 3 bar map sensor
> fuel pump relay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
Re: not better, but here it is

Greg, can you include more info on the Fel-Pro F.I.?
like price and features compared to the tec II?

Thanks in advance

CarlosZXT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: not better, but here it is

That is a good point. When spending thousands of dollars on your car a few hundred dollars difference between FI systems is not much. I did forget to mention that the other option I got for my SDS is knock retard. I would be interested in any information you have on the Fel-Pro unit. I have never seen it. The quote I was given for a TECII was $1800 dollars so $1100 is news to me.

Greg do you have a web page detailing your project? I would be interested to hear more about your car...

Eric Brinkman
71 240Z turbo

> I know exactly what you mean, Eric. i'm
> suprised at the price of the distributorless
> SDS system. It's less than $200 more than
> the cost of their regular unit. They've only
> recently released the price in the last
> month, I figured it would be a 3-400 dollar
> option. Still, the base TEC is about $1100,
> and it has a lot of the extras of the SDS
> (like knock detector, idle control) already
> built in. The high price of the software has
> always been a bad point with the TEC,
> though. It starts at $200 and goes up based
> on features. I heard somebody had written
> better software for it a few months ago, but
> haven't heard anything since ( Ericz, Timz,
> turbo240/JimT-are you listening?) Like Eric
> said, you have to identify your goals and
> pick a system based on that. The difference
> in price is really not that big considering
> the project you are taking on. I myself did
> not pick the TEC. I went with a Fel-Pro.
> True sequential injection along with a
> wideband 02 sensor. The wideband 02 sensor
> allows the ECM to tune itself to run the
> exact air fuel ratios that I program in,
> ANYWHERE in the operating range. Works
> exactly like $2000 Horiba air fuel
> meters.Unlike standard 02 sensors that only
> read rich/lean and require you to run open
> loop at full throttle conditions. Hopefully
> it will work out as planned and allow me to
> run the car closer to the edge and still be
> safe. And there are other systems out there.
> Don't forget the old standby Accell DFI.
> There's enough of them out there that you
> can pick one up used. A few weeks ago I
> bought a DFI unit for $300. Fuel and
> ignition control model. Next year when accel
> comes out with their new model I expect
> someone can pick up one of the older units
> fairly easily/ cheaply. After all, it's been
> around ten years now!! Gotta go now, didn't
> mean to write a book on the subject :) Just
> wanted everybody to know that whie the SDS
> is a fine unit, it's not a cheap version of
> the TEC. They are different in more ways
> than they are the same. Two different ways
> of doing the same job. Do your homework and
> you won't be dissappointed.
> greg
> 71 240z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
Re: not better, but here it is

> That is a good point. When spending
> thousands of dollars on your car a few
> hundred dollars difference between FI
> systems is not much. I did forget to mention
> that the other option I got for my SDS is
> knock retard. I would be interested in any
> information you have on the Fel-Pro unit. I
> have never seen it. The quote I was given
> for a TECII was $1800 dollars so $1100 is
> news to me.

> Greg do you have a web page detailing your
> project? I would be interested to hear more
> about your car...
There are other systems out there guys. There is the Haltech system as well as a Wolf
system that are around the same price as the SDS in Australian dollars. I have also seen systems on net from England. I'm not at my home PC so I don't have the bookmarks but you can easily find them with a search engine.
Bernard
> Eric Brinkman
> 71 240Z turbo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
TEC-II software...

> The high price of the software has
> always been a bad point with the TEC,
> though. It starts at $200 and goes up based
> on features. I heard somebody had written
> better software for it a few months ago, but
> haven't heard anything since ( Ericz, Timz,
> turbo240/JimT-are you listening?) Like Eric
> said, you have to identify your goals and
> pick a system based on that.

Yes, I am listening. I'm the one who is working on the TEC-II software package. It's
currently at a releaseable state, but I've run into a bit of a snag. I had intended on trying to sell the software on my own, at a substatially lower price than the Electromotive stuff. I work for one of the Big 3 (I guess it's Big 2, now, since Chrysler is becoming a German company this week) auto manufacturers as a development engineer. As it turns out, when you work in such a capacity, anything that you create, even if you do it on your own time with your own money, technically belongs to your employer. Intellectual property. It is possible to get permission from your employer to sell your creation on your own, but this usually only happens when said employer has no business interest in, or competition with, the product.

As it turns out, our Motorsports division does, in fact sell a programmable FI system, which, I am afraid will make it a little more difficult for me to get permission to sell my software to anyone. In fact, I probably can't even distribute it as shareware, since it's intellectual property.
I am still working on getting permission to sell this on my own, or maybe getting our motorsports division to sell it.

Please don't bombard me with e-mail about this - I'm doing my best to get it out, and I'm NOT going to risk my job by giving out 'under the table' copies without my employer's blessing.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know what's going on...

Okay, got that off my chest. It is worth noting that our Motorsports division has a really nice programmable FI system, which is reasonably priced, and does everything that the TEC-II can do (it doesn't have the direct ignition built in, though). It even has analog inputs that are solely for data logging, not engine control, so that you can monitor other sensor inputs, and record them simultaneously with your engine parameters. This could be a REALLY useful feature, and I have not seen it on any other systems out there. The main drawback of this system is that it is a piggyback controller for a Ford EEC-IV production FI computer. In other words, you'd have to have a fully functioning EEC-IV FI system BEFORE you could use the programmable unit. It's still quite do-able - you could probably find an EEC-IV system in a junkyard and retrofit it, but I doubt that many people are going to want to go to that much trouble. This, BTW may be my out - even though the TEC-II serves the same purpose as the Motorsports system, I'm pretty sure that there isn't much overlap in the customer base. What do you folks think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep the faith!

Hi Tim.

I think it sounds great.
Ford WILL give you a run around, but if you are devoted enough they will give up. Please keep the faith!!!!! We are with you.

No illegal copies. Do yourself a favor. Not worth it. But.. when you brake that burokracy wall I will be the first guy to get your software.

Keep it up!!!!

Eugene '83ZXT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
Re: more on the Fel-Pro/EFI in general (long)

> There are other systems out there guys.
> There is the Haltech system as well as a
> Wolf
> system that are around the same price as the
> SDS in Australian dollars. I have also seen
> systems on net from England. I'm not at my
> home PC so I don't have the bookmarks but
> you can easily find them with a search
> engine.
> Bernard

Oops, forgot about the Haltech. their US distributor is less than 20 miles from me. For some reason the Haltech never gets mentioned much. It's definitely affordable and has all the bells and whistles. I wonder why it has never caught on? Maybe it has overseas more than here in the US? Never seen the software or talked with anyone who has actually used one, so I can't comment. chris-that price on the TEC you were quoted was probably for the whole deal. Topend sells a package that includes all the sensors, crank trigger especially for the z, plug wires, software, etc, etc.for about $1700. The base unit with all sensors, including 3 BAR MAP, lists for 1200 from Electromotive. Just the unit and trigger sensor/wheel lists for $1029.Their cheapest software starts at $200 and goes up to $550 for the Superblend with Data Logging and Graphics. That's what sucks about the TEC. $1000 for the unit, then half as much more for the nice software. I don't know if they force you to buy a licence software with the unit. It seems like you get get somebody to loan you a demo (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) copy to try before you bought your own copy. The Jim Wolf system basically converts your car to the 300 z style of fuel management. Good thing about that is the hot wire style of airflow meter. Not nearly as restrictive as the stock flapper door, and it allows the ECM to compensate for virtually any mods you do to the motor. The downside is that you have to send the unit back to Jim Wolf for any tweaking you need done to the calibrations and settings. Not real cheap either. about $800?-somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I think the Wolf setup would be good for someone who doesn't like modifying their car all the time and wants a one time conversion done that will work in their car with virtually no hassle and has already been thought out by someone else.
*******I've listed a link below where you can download demo software for the Fel-Pro system to see how it works. The Fel-Pro system is not cheap by any means. the basic system of fuel and ignition control, idle air control, knock sensor is $1000. It's similar in capabilities to a standard DFI, but the software is 100 times better. After you have tha basic unit you can upgrade it at anytime to sequential injection, wideband o2 sensor, individual cylinder timing and fuel control, or progressive nitrous activation. You do this through the use of add on modules. My unit was close to $2000. The only sensor included was the wideband o2 (that alone is $300). I got the wideband sequential model. If you aren't planning on using the wideband then I would go with a TEC or a used DFI. The Fel-Pro is billed as Built for racers by racers and I'd agree with that. Accell is supposed to be playing catch up with a new model coming out next year. It's supposed o be better than the Fel-Pro and have the wideband, at the same price as their current models. I'll believe it when I see it. Anyway, go to the link and download the software and play with it awhile. I barely have time to build my car, much less build a web page. The best I could probably do is post some pictures somewhere when it's done. The car is currently stripped as far down as possible and still able to roll. I just got it back from the paint shop two weeks ago. I could send a JPEG of the painted hull if anybody cares. Just email me. It will be at least a 3 month project putting it all back together. So much of it has to be custom made. I should have my custom sheetmetal intake in about two weeks. I'm currently trying to fit the LSD rear, CV joints, and disc brakes to the rear of the car. Then I have to get the pickups in the tank and run the half inch fuel lines I plan to use. After I get the intake I'll temporarily set the motor in so I can get the 3 inch stainless exhaust built and the intercooler plumbed. After I get the fabrication done I can really get to work and start assembling it all together. right now I have the Fel-Pro in my Buick GN playing with it until the Z is ready. This box is too small and I'm starting to get claustraphobia, so I'm going to cut it off here. Bring on the opinions, both good and bad.
greg
71 240z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
Re: TEC-II software...

> Yes, I am listening. I'm the one who is
> working on the TEC-II software package. It's
> currently at a releaseable state, but I've
> run into a bit of a snag. I had intended on
> trying to sell the software on my own, at a
> substatially lower price than the
> Electromotive stuff. I work for one of the
> Big 3 (I guess it's Big 2, now, since
> Chrysler is becoming a German company this
> week) auto manufacturers as a development
> engineer. As it turns out, when you work in
> such a capacity, anything that you create,
> even if you do it on your own time with your
> own money, technically belongs to your
> employer. Intellectual property. It is
> possible to get permission from your
> employer to sell your creation on your own,
> but this usually only happens when said
> employer has no business interest in, or
> competition with, the product.

> As it turns out, our Motorsports division
> does, in fact sell a programmable FI system,
> which, I am afraid will make it a little
> more difficult for me to get permission to
> sell my software to anyone. In fact, I
> probably can't even distribute it as
> shareware, since it's intellectual property.
> I am still working on getting permission to
> sell this on my own, or maybe getting our
> motorsports division to sell it.

> Please don't bombard me with e-mail about
> this - I'm doing my best to get it out, and
> I'm NOT going to risk my job by giving out
> 'under the table' copies without my
> employer's blessing.

> Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know
> what's going on...

> Okay, got that off my chest. It is worth
> noting that our Motorsports division has a
> really nice programmable FI system, which is
> reasonably priced, and does everything that
> the TEC-II can do (it doesn't have the
> direct ignition built in, though). It even
> has analog inputs that are solely for data
> logging, not engine control, so that you can
> monitor other sensor inputs, and record them
> simultaneously with your engine parameters.
> This could be a REALLY useful feature, and I
> have not seen it on any other systems out
> there. The main drawback of this system is
> that it is a piggyback controller for a Ford
> EEC-IV production FI computer. In other
> words, you'd have to have a fully
> functioning EEC-IV FI system BEFORE you
> could use the programmable unit. It's still
> quite do-able - you could probably find an
> EEC-IV system in a junkyard and retrofit it,
> but I doubt that many people are going to
> want to go to that much trouble. This, BTW
> may be my out - even though the TEC-II
> serves the same purpose as the Motorsports
> system, I'm pretty sure that there isn't
> much overlap in the customer base. What do
> you folks think?

Good luck to you. there might be a slight overlap in the really fast Mustang crowd, but for the most part I think the TEC is more import oriented. It seems the domestic guys are in love with Accell DFI. Don't know how you are going to convince the big dogs of that , though. I don't think the retrofit is such a bad idea. there are plenty of people running around on GM ECM's in their toyotas, nissans, etc. The systems places like Howell sells are just GM ECm's with a chip to your motors specifications. After all an ECM doesn't know whether it's running a V6 beretta or a sraight six datsun. There are lots of shareware programs that allow people to modify and burn their own chips. Run over to the do It Yourself- EFI webpage and check it out. link is below.
greg
71 240z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
Re: TEC-II software...

I have not been overly enthused about the $400 or so I paid for the PAFZII package. It is nice and provides control over the engine, but sucks to program if you have no previous experience. I still have not mastered my unit(Please no comments on that one!) TimZ, I am familiar with your software and it would be a blessing to self-programmers to have the capabilities for ease of VE table programming! I am still having problems with too much fuel on Hot restarts, it fumbles for a few until burned out. I have messed with the 20 sec. enrichments, but the **** thing still is doing it. What the heck do I need to change, maybe I could send you my program!

> Yes, I am listening. I'm the one who is
> working on the TEC-II software package. It's
> currently at a releaseable state, but I've
> run into a bit of a snag. I had intended on
> trying to sell the software on my own, at a
> substatially lower price than the
> Electromotive stuff. I work for one of the
> Big 3 (I guess it's Big 2, now, since
> Chrysler is becoming a German company this
> week) auto manufacturers as a development
> engineer. As it turns out, when you work in
> such a capacity, anything that you create,
> even if you do it on your own time with your
> own money, technically belongs to your
> employer. Intellectual property. It is
> possible to get permission from your
> employer to sell your creation on your own,
> but this usually only happens when said
> employer has no business interest in, or
> competition with, the product.

> As it turns out, our Motorsports division
> does, in fact sell a programmable FI system,
> which, I am afraid will make it a little
> more difficult for me to get permission to
> sell my software to anyone. In fact, I
> probably can't even distribute it as
> shareware, since it's intellectual property.
> I am still working on getting permission to
> sell this on my own, or maybe getting our
> motorsports division to sell it.

> Please don't bombard me with e-mail about
> this - I'm doing my best to get it out, and
> I'm NOT going to risk my job by giving out
> 'under the table' copies without my
> employer's blessing.

> Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know
> what's going on...

> Okay, got that off my chest. It is worth
> noting that our Motorsports division has a
> really nice programmable FI system, which is
> reasonably priced, and does everything that
> the TEC-II can do (it doesn't have the
> direct ignition built in, though). It even
> has analog inputs that are solely for data
> logging, not engine control, so that you can
> monitor other sensor inputs, and record them
> simultaneously with your engine parameters.
> This could be a REALLY useful feature, and I
> have not seen it on any other systems out
> there. The main drawback of this system is
> that it is a piggyback controller for a Ford
> EEC-IV production FI computer. In other
> words, you'd have to have a fully
> functioning EEC-IV FI system BEFORE you
> could use the programmable unit. It's still
> quite do-able - you could probably find an
> EEC-IV system in a junkyard and retrofit it,
> but I doubt that many people are going to
> want to go to that much trouble. This, BTW
> may be my out - even though the TEC-II
> serves the same purpose as the Motorsports
> system, I'm pretty sure that there isn't
> much overlap in the customer base. What do
> you folks think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
Re: TEC-II software...

> Good luck to you. there might be a slight
> overlap in the really fast Mustang crowd,
> but for the most part I think the TEC is
> more import oriented. It seems the domestic
> guys are in love with Accell DFI. Don't know
> how you are going to convince the big dogs
> of that , though. I don't think the retrofit
> is such a bad idea. there are plenty of
> people running around on GM ECM's in their
> toyotas, nissans, etc. The systems places
> like Howell sells are just GM ECm's with a
> chip to your motors specifications. After
> all an ECM doesn't know whether it's running
> a V6 beretta or a sraight six datsun. There
> are lots of shareware programs that allow
> people to modify and burn their
> own chips. Run over to the do It
> Yourself- EFI webpage and check it
> out. link is below.
> greg
> 71 240z
Where can I find the Howell system? Is there a link to it? Where can I find the shareware to modify a chip? Are you saying I can take an ecm out of a chevy Malibu
(Yuch) with the distributorless ignition and have it programmed to work on my 83 turbo? If so where would I find the info on what to program into it? My uncle owns a pontiac dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
Re: TEC-II software...

> I have not been overly enthused about the
> $400 or so I paid for the PAFZII package. It
> is nice and provides control over the
> engine, but sucks to program if you have no
> previous experience. I still have not
> mastered my unit(Please no comments on that
> one!) TimZ, I am familiar with your software
> and it would be a blessing to
> self-programmers to have the capabilities
> for ease of VE table programming! I am still
> having problems with too much fuel on Hot
> restarts, it fumbles for a few until burned
> out. I have messed with the 20 sec.
> enrichments, but the **** thing still is
> doing it. What the heck do I need to change,
> maybe I could send you my program!

$400 - ouch. Was this at least the data logging version?

No promises, but I'd be glad to take a look. If you want, you can send your cal to the e-mail address I gave with this post. I just need the .s19 file. Offhand, it could be several things, such as some of the one-second enrichment settings, or possibly the coolant temp-based enrichment.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top