Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys...

I'm looking to get into road racing. I'm very interested in a 240. What's the best year model or would a 260 or 280 be a better investment? What should I look for when buying one? I know the rust issues, but what are the others? I was thinking a 70-72 240 and putting a 280 turbo motor. Is this a good setup? Any help would be great. Give me all your great ideas.

Chris

·
Registered
613 Posts
70-71 240z is the best, its is the lightest of the z-cars, the 72/73 models are 200 lbs heavier. The turbo setup is a good idea, i nfact i want to do one as my next z car. Have fun with it

Emir

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think for road racing I would prefer a later model 240z because it will hold up better in a road crash because the gauge of the metal is a little thicker also the doors are reinforced. Also its more solid. But for drag racing I prefer the earlier models. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I agree with ninja240 , if you are going to do the turbo thing with the 280 engine than go with the later one . I have the 73 and like it alot but I think if what youare looking for is a track racer the later up to 78 would be the answer and the block to use is the 81---83 . the best of luck . Gary Portland Ore

·
Registered
19 Posts
From what I've been told the 72 is the "Best-Of-Breed" from the 240 series. And I think that if you were going to put the Turbo L28 into it then a bit of extra weight and re-inforcement wouldn't go astray...but then I'm biased having a 72 myself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.