ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 75z. I'm looking for a setup that's not too Harsh. Maybe new shocks with the stock springs. I've been looking at the Boge shox in Motorsport 99.99 pair or Monroes ([email protected] pep boys for $40) I am at times a rather spirited driver, but I live in Vallejo and the streets here are not autobahn quality.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
My $.02 on the Best Susp. for the street?

Harsh is certainly a relative term.

Regardless of what else you do, i would certaily recomend replacing all old rubber bushings w/ urethane. This includes the rack bushings and steering coupler. This change alone will increase your ride harshness, but I think is well worth it for FUN driving!

If you are not planning on changing the springs, then the shocks are probably not as much of a factor and the Boge's are prob. fine.

It sounds like cost is an issue right now. If in the future you do want more, stiffness of shock req'd is a function of the spring rate used....ie as you get stiffer springs you need stiffer shocks and vise versa. With adjustable shocks, you can use them to tune the car - turn in and such....but cost $ to do right...

enjoy the ride!

tomh

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.