ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an opinion about which are the best struts for a 280Z? I'm considering the Toikio struts. They sell for $64.99 from Foreign Auto Tech which seems like a good price. I want to get my 1978 280Z handling like a new car again. I'm setting the car up for 'street' not race.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
> Does anyone have an opinion about which are
> the best struts for a 280Z? I'm considering
> the Toikio struts. They sell for $64.99 from
> Foreign Auto Tech which seems like a good
> price. I want to get my 1978 280Z handling
> like a new car again. I'm setting the car up
> for 'street' not race.

Fred,
I've got a '77 that I use as a daily driver. Racing is only done when my white racing stripe gets someone I just passed a little excited. I replaced my original struts at 160,000 miles with KYB's. They are about $50 each and give me a great ride. Be advised, though. If you still have your original springs and you're running 150K+ miles on the car your probably have sprungs and they need to be replaced. Old, sagged, springs will significantly redue the life of new struts.
I bought the European style from Motorsport Auto. Cost me about $80 each. They supposedly lower the car 1/4 from stock but, in my case, my spungs were so shot they actually raised the car 1.

·
Registered
27 Posts
> Fred,

I own a 1976 280 fully restored.....
the best thing for you i think......are some nice
motorsport springs.....which will lower the ride 1......and some tokico illumina struts....
these are the best because they allow you to chose
the type of ride you want......the ride goes
from 1 (smooth and soft)- 5 (hard and stiff)
they run about 150.00 for the pair
and springs should run you about 160.00 for the set....

I will be posting my z car in this site soon so keep your eyes open....

Tito

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.