ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring a Series I 240 with a 10/70 production date. I want to buy a set of the most authentic reproduction seat covers (and carpet too). What is the best source? Too Intense Restoration? MSA? Banzai Motorworks? Vic. Brit?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Coop71240: This question will depend on a couple of things here....first do you really care about it being authentic? You did say"most authentic". Secondly, are you willing to pay the dollars for it? If the first one matters then I would go with...I hate to say it..."Banzai Motorworks" the one in Maryland. I have not priced these "bad boys"( seat covers) however, I know that if you are looking for that "original" look the owner of Banzai Motorworks will certainly hook you up. Let's say that talking to him or reading about his place and then visiting him in person and knowing that "Nissan" comes to him to restore things...kinda of speaks for itself. I am not knocking any of the other places you mentioned above. If it's dollars you are looking at aslo perhaps the other places will do...I do not know about the quality of the seat covers. As you will soon find out by the replys you will get on this subject. I guess that is why you posted it to make a wise decision. I certainly hope you get what you are after....the best to you in your quest! Oh, Banzai Motorworks will probably have the carpet too. Lastly, is the car that you will be putting the seat covers and carpet in going to be a "show car"?

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good post Socket!! You confirmed my hunch. I am striving for originality and a show quality restoration, although $$$ will dictate the final result. This will not be a "no expenses spaired, all out concourse restoration." Nevertheless I want quality seat covers that look as close to factory orginal as possible. I am currently pulling everything (engine, all glass, etc. for what I hope will be a fairly good quality paint job, including the engine bay). I want to stay as close to original as possible on this car.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have found that by far most places build the head rest area wrong. Have not found one that does it right. That little insert on the side of the headrest. The raised seem on the factory seat goes up straight over the top and does not curve forward towards the front edge of the head rest like the ones I have seen.
If you find one that is correct would you please let me know?
(11/69 240)
Thanks,
Enno

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Coop, I don't know about the replacement covers from Banzai, but I have the kit from MSA installed in my '70. I'm very satisfied with the quality and fit of these covers, but they're not for someone looking to put together a 100 point restoration. The "grain" pattern of the vinyl is obviously different from OEM, and as Enno has pointed out, there are fitment differences as well. I also think Banzai would be a good place to start looking. They have the proper seat foams too, if you need them. Good luck on your resto!

Roadman
Gulfport, MS

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have done a "from the ground up" restoration on my 1970 240 seats. I purchased the seat foam from Bonzai and was very pleased. The Parrelle (sp?) webbing straps I got from my local upholstry shop. However, I already had the new covers so I can't give you any feed back there. I have the hard to find "Blue" interior which would have made it much harder to find. I have seen samples from a company called "Zeats" out of California at the West Coast Z show in Orange, CA, and was impressed with there quality. One recommendation I would give you is to pay the money to have the covers insatalled by a professional. With the new seat foam you will have to have the proper tools and steamers to get a good fit (will need to be streached). Drop me a note if you need any more tips.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Re: Buy them here

Coop71240: You got choices now...with the additional post so far...however if you just are too lazy or have forgot how to find Banzi Motorworks then... Click Here! as GatorJ stated: This is one of the two facilities "Nissan" used to restore 240's probably Banzia Motorworks in Maryland was the other one. Just go to the website and check it out yourself...to make it easier once you get to the website click on: "Click Here For Parts" then you do the reading. It's your choice as to which one you go to for your restore...because it's your money and it's your car. My intent and others like me was to give you additional choices only. I think that you plainly see that now and probably knew that from the beginning. I just wanted to add the link in case...in case you didn't feel like looking for it.LOL.

Enjoy the ride!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.