ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Spoon, I've seen the Haynes manuel sold at the local parts stores (pepboys, autozone and a few others). If your looking for Clymer only, I would call the parts stores and see which one they carry. Good luck!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
i would check ebay.

But if you have both the haynes and the chillton manuals, you have all the information covered in the clymer as far i can tell.

the factory service manual is much better anyway. if you have a FSM already, i would get the chilltons next; the haynes and clymer are just about equally useless when you have the other 2 already.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I think the Clymer is 2nd only to the FSM. I got mine brand new in plastic on ebay for $15 shipped. The guy admitted to me that he lost money selling it for so cheap. I have all the manuals and would rate them:
1. FSM
2. Clymer
3. Chilton
4. Haynes

So search ebay, I was lucky and nobody else bid on the auction. I can't remember if he spelled something wrong so check a few different spellings like datson or clymar.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have the FSM, Chilton, Haynes, Clymer, Autobooks, and a really old Clymer that only covers 240 & 260. Best bet for good info is the FSM. Most of the diagrams in the aftermarket manuals are identical and a lot of the procedures are the same, too. Information content is pretty uniform throughout all aftermarket manuals. Every now and then you'll find that one may have one key fact about a procedure or part that the others might not have, or might have a better diagram than the others, but for the most part, as far as I've seen, they're all about the same overall...

I got all of mine off of eBay for very low prices.

Also get the how to restore Z cars book and how to modify the L series engine book. These aren't the exact titles, but you'll find them referred to often here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.