ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not flaming or anything but just a little FYI. "jap" is a derogatory term towards japanese people and they take offense to that word. Just choose your words carefully.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If money were no object, I would put the Skyline and Supra at the top of the list, with the Z not far behind.

·
Registered
42 Posts
lol the supra is no sports car, it weighs 1500kg! Sure its fast in a straight line though... ;)

I would say the original 240Z, MR2 or the new S15 200SX. Ive driven the last 2 and have been pretty tempted... but not tempted enough ;)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
BEST isnt a good descriptive term, if your talking about fastest?best styling?most powerful?best gas mileage?funnest to drive?best handling?best reliability?
There are endless attributes about a sports car, but if using BEST as an overall standing, in my opinion these are the best:

Z32 TT because of its overall refinement and driveability, extremely well built car.

FD RX7 because of its sportiness yet still extremely classy, and also because of its innovative powerplant.

And out of those two I would choose the Z32 because of the reliability factor, and because I find the Z32 to have a classic timeless style.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree z32 TT--that is the phatest sports car out right now
But I also think that the BMW M3 is pretty phat as well

·
Registered
80 Posts
ive heard alot about skylines being good to mod but there terrible at handling? not sure if its true but i would go with the z32 tt amazing car, and the rx7 even tho i think there girly like the miata but in most racing ive seen on line the rx7 over all allways beats the rest, (but this was in a circut coruse)but ive never seen a z32 race an rx7 anyone know what the rusults should be?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Toyota Supra.
Reliable
And Fast!
Can you say Twin-Turbo?

Its like a Z31 with a TT!

Post Edited (Oct 27, 11:15am)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is that your car blackhawk? You don't see too many 1jz's in the states. Nice car!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Skyline GT-R Vspec II
Supra TT
Z32 TT
MR2 Turbo

·
Registered
662 Posts
We've been though this before...

'Jap' is an abbreviation of the word Japanese as 'Brit' is to British... It's not a derogatory term unless it's used in a derogatory way.

Maybe in the US it's different due to your past relationship with Japan but here in the UK we have many tuning companies with the word 'Jap' in their name... some are owned by Japanese people, some not. No problems.

I would never refer to a Japanese person as a 'Jap' but I think used to describe an object made in Japan it might be OK.

Anyway...

Best Japanese Sports Car...

R32 GTR

... yes ... they handle well.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
ive got a littel list
some are just drem cars because of what they are
some i just like because they are different
and some just because everyne knows there badass

in no piticular order

z32tt - my dream car i will one day own whish it was a strait 6 but o well

supra - i like the early celica supra and of course the 93+ (strait 6s are the ****)

the old school celicas 70s are pretty cool looking - import with american muscle look

240z - cant wait till i get the turbo motor in mine

rx7TT - awesome - another dream car though i probably wonte go out and

ever get one

skylines i like not so much the earlier ones but the newer

even though im not a big fan of mitsubishi the 3000gt vr4 (later models) are some nice looking cars and well with a couple turbos and all wheel drive im sure they got some potential

toyota 2000gt - another dream car - maybe if i ever get rich

lotus elise - not jap but my dream car if i was to buy a "rare super car type thing"

and some of the old group B rally cars lancia - ford rs200 (another dream car)

and i have kinda always wanted an opel gt

Post Edited (Oct 27, 3:10pm)

·
Registered
68 Posts
3rd gen rx7, with the 20b single turbo upgrade, no 6cyl can touch it. who said they are not reliable?? thats a joke. They can push out over 1000hp and be daily driver. what 6cylinder can do that all day long? and don't tell me supra cause you gotta use rocket fuel to put out those #'s(they don't sell rocket fuel at chevron). skyline is way over rated and the handeling is actually pretty dam good(AWD). my personal favorite of all time is the mazda 323 gtx, you can get 250 hp and awd in a car that weighs 2000lbs. they are the funnest car in the world to ralley also. not bashing just lovin. when the hp craze hit japan, mazda had already built 10 different model of sports cars.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.