ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
either of those will work fine, they are a little loud though. You should mount them so that they are isolated by rubber, and they are still loud, my Holley blue is mounted so that is has 2 layers of isolation and it is pretty quiet.

There are others such as carter, bosch, mallory, and many others but the most important thing is to never use more than 4 psi pressure the carbs work best at 3-3.5 psi any more and they will overflow the bowls and leak gas. So you want a high volume low pressure pump and will need a good pressure regulator and gauge - these two things will be key in how well you can tune the webers.

Matt

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Typically what pressure would you say the stock mechanical pump has. I have my Webbers hooked straight to the pump in a looping system with a return line back to the tank. I have tripple 40s and I am having problems leaning it out enough at idle to get through the emmissions test. I have had this set up on my L24 for 20 years and never had this problem. It is now on an L28. Mixture screws are out 3/4 of a turn and still too rich, possibly too much fuel press?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.