ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 76 z that I just very recently like today put my new 79zx engine in ive got a KN filter, big throtte and 6 into 2 headers what exhaust do U think would be best..I was looking at the Twice-Pipes from motor sport they look pretty tastey but I was wondering what other systems there are for around 160 bucks
thanks
Hunter

ps this tech forum and web site inspired me to improve me ride thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
try not to lose your back pressure. Just because you have more flow is not a good thing in an NA vehicle. I think a single pipe at 2.5 inch would be effective with a flow master muffler. Now Back to the back pressure, losing your backpressure will result in a considerable loss in Torque. But in a turbo vehicle you want to ahve no backpressure whatsoever.

-Emir

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I have the motorsports 6 to 1 header and I am very pleased with it. For mufflers I am using a dynomax ultra flow bullet (2 1/2") and a 2 1/2" ID supertrapp on the end. (the one with the 4" disks). My local exhaust shop two blocks from my house installed the mufflers and custom bent the 2 1/2" pipes from the header back for $73.00.
The two mufflers cost around $150 with shipping from http://www.racesearch.com/browsecatalog.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.