ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice. 91 TT stage 4. Stock clutch slipping under heavy acceleration. What clutch/flywheel combo would give the following:
holding power for stage 4-5, near stock pedal feel, no chatter at idle, smooth engagement (no on/off nature ), and a clean install (no modifications, installs like OEM clutch/flywheel) ? Please indicate brand and model if you can, and where to buy. thanks.

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Perhaps the JWT sport disc clutch, and an RPS flywheel?

I have the RPS max 6 puck, and I personally love it, but it doesn't engage like stock, it's more of an on/off feel. It's strong as ****, but if you want a very smooth feel I would say the JWT clutch with the RPS flywheel.

<http://czp.us/Cart/description.php?II=127&Car_Type=300&UID=2006010322550767.161.93.202>

<http://czp.us/Cart/description.php?II=752&Car_Type=300&UID=2006010322550767.161.93.202>

5% discount on items until jan 8th. Hurry!

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
There are clutches with better 'feel' than stock IMO. I had an ACT that built up more pressure [stiffer] than stock, but I could respond better and feel my inputs more directly. It could get old if you drive in heavy bumper to bumper traffic, but a TTz has no business being driven in those conditions anyhow. RPMS and Fidenza make good flywheels, make sure your combo works together, different metals will destory each other.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/rps9030spclw.html

I bought everything on that page(got the SS clutch line from HorsePowerFreaks).

I'm not sure if that is enough for your application, but it a bit grabbier than stock, but about as close to stock feel as you are going to get that will hold a decent amount of torque.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
The RPS Sport Street clutch with the stock flywheel is a great combination for a daily driver TT. For more holding power (with a little more peddle pressure) use the RPS Max Street clutch. If you want to go with a lightened flywheel, then the RPS Segmented aluminum flywheel would work great. ACT makes a good clutch as well.

Stay away from the 4 and 6 puck clutches if you want smooth engagement.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Agree with JT240Z. The RPS Max street clutch and matching segmented flywheel (which is what I have) will hold power past 500 rwhp - up to around 700 ft/lbs torque, I believe. That will cover you for future mods and not add much to pedal effort and give you a smooth engagement.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ! one last question...

I've decided on the RPS segmented lightweight flywheel. Now I must choose between the JWT sport disc clutch or the RPS Sport clutch with street disc. Which would work best with the segmented flywheel?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.