ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new clutch for my 86t; what is the best I can get for under $350.00. Also want to get a lighter flywheel-is there any estimate to the HP gain in a lighter flywheel? Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Don't know about actual horsepower gain...maybe making it easier to get to the ground?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
how much HP are you putting to the ground? This will tell you which clutch will best suit your needs. As for flywheel, Fidanza is the way to go, but is $350+ by itself.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Fidanza was expensive! i wanted to get it all done at one time to save money and also put the new clutch w/ a new flywheel-rather than wait and do it seperately. I plan on running iridium plugs and larger injectors. My goal is 400rwhp!! Any advice is welcome.

·
Registered
279 Posts
A lighter flywheel will not increase horsepower, it will only make the engine capable of reving Up faster. due to less resistance

Post Edited (Mar 4, 8:51pm)

·
Registered
782 Posts
I run ACT very good clutch the only downside is the pedal pressure kinda hard but would you rather slip or grip is what that comes down to. Also for a turbo car a heavy flywheel is better more inertia if you ever having any chance of launching on boost keep the factory flywheel and get a 2 step:}

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.