ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am about a week away from ordering complete rubber kit for my 240z. I hear some stuff about why a 280 kit might be better for a 240 than the 240 kit.

I just want to make the right choice. Don't want to have to adjust my doors a lot after the new ones are installed.

HELP!!!!!!

Tell me what you bought and what your experience was in installation......

First hand recommendations please!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought a weatherstripping kit for my 240 and have heard the same. The difference that I'm hearing is on the door kits. I know that the 240 door strips are two pieces. There is a channel piece that fits over the metal piece that goes around the door. And then you have to add the soft rubber piece all around the door.

I'm told that the 280z part is one piece that has both parts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you need a complete kit then go with Precision

but don't use the door seals. I didn't have a problem with anything in the whole kit except for the door seals. I have a 1971 240Z and the part number for the Precision Weatherstrip kit is CWK 241.

I tried the Precision seals but could not adjust the doors enough and ended up having to slam them all the time. I switched to the factory Nissan door seals and now everything is OK but they are two piece and a bit of a pain to install. If I where to do it again I'd go with the later one piece versions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: If you need a complete kit then go with Precis

Check out www.StrictlyZ.com they sell a complete kit for 250$ right now and they even include two extra door channel pieces. I have a 240Z and and their kit fit fine.

<AkiraS30>

·
Registered
428 Posts
Willie,

I replaced virtually every (no, I think it was every, LOL) seal in my 76 280 and I used original Nissan seals for every one except the little suckers that mount on the back of the door where the window frame meets the door. I can tell ya, every seal fit perfect the first time. I hung my doors about a week ago and adjusted the body latch a tad tight and yesterday backed them off to position the door correctly and they have already taken the correct "set". The doors open and close just like it did when it was born.

Yea, I cried every time I gave MSA my credit card number, but the no hassle fit was worth it in the end. Anyway, my two sense on the subject.........

Charles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.