ZCar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We have a 1974 260Z that we are going to be restoring and the carbs look like weber but but says cannon. Would cannon be the carb manifold and weber be the actual carb? Trying to find a carb rebuild kit.

Where would I look for the model of the carburetor(s)?

Thank you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mikunis' were a popular conversion back in the day, and they sort of look like Webers. As bificus said, pictures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK will take some photos tomorrow and upload them to this thread. There are two dual carbs..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK here are some photos. I should have taken off the filter plate hopefully you can tell something by these photos if not will take off the bottom of the filter holder.

IMG_20200630_181715940.jpg
IMG_20200630_181636558.jpg
IMG_20200630_181627801.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry not sure why so many photos showed (duplicates) I only uploaded 3 photos each once.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah DGV carbs to replace the odd sidedrafts that the 260 had. Ghosttanker has them on his 240 and is happy with them, last I heard from him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Great thanks.. I thought that they might be Weber DGV carbs are DGV and DGAV carbs the same?
Thanks for responding!! Will any weber DGV rebuilt carb kit work or does anyone have a suggestion where to get rebuild kits? Car has been sitting for about 15 years and choke seized. Want to rebuild carbs..

Also seems the hydraulic clutch is frozen also I cannot compress at all its stays in full up position any ideas on how to get unstuck? Why would it be stuck just from sitting. It was undercover but only under a cover not enclosed building unfortunately.

Body and interior is still in pretty good shape over all.. some light surface rust on body and interior needs a good cleaning otherwise all original.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
The 32/36 DGV carbs haven't changed much over the years. Could be a couple of things due to sitting. Hydraulics failure or disk stuck to flywheel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts