ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this. lately when ive been driveing around in the cold weather my 83 zx sounds like a hot rod or like its misfireing, or like only 5 cylenders are firing or somethin. i donno im only 18 and dont know much about the mechanics of this car yet. it got the car in the summer and is totaly fun. anyway ive just noticed this afew time and was wonder if yall knew waht this could be. thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and...

the stick shift is stickin, or it feels like when i go from 1st to 2nd it makes a medium loud clicking noise like a thump? DUh-Dat then from 2nd to 3rd Taht-Dah and so on....so yea sounds sorta bad, not sure if its the cold weather or what. =-( thanks for the info guys. much apresiated

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Coincedence?

If the engine is running on 5 cylinders or miss fireing you will usually notice a general lack of power, not as much as with say a 4 cylinder but it would be noticable. Is it possible that you have recently developed a leak in your exhaust system? As for the tranny, cold weather can make the shifting stickey or notchy untill it warms up a bit.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS!!

=-) ill will see if its any of those probs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.