ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fella i thought my ZX was jacked up because of the swoosh sound that was coming from under the car. It turned out to be nothing at all. When I clean the engine with transmission fluid for 30 minutes then a second rinse with kerosene for 15 minutes the turbo actually got a cleaning. There was ALOT of sludge in the engine so imagine what was in the turbo-it spools louds as **** now. I was leaving the shop and this Supra pulled next to me at the light, he goosed the engine a bit at the green and we were off! It was dead even considering I was not sure if the guy wanted to REALLY race. Next light we take off-by second gear it was a "wrap". The guy ask me if I had my boost dialed up. I beat the guy by at least 1 1/2 cars. Gotta admit it felt great having my turbo running after all the time an $$$ that went into the effort.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: The Supra was a Turbo

I forgot to mention that the Supra was also a turbo-you forget these details when you are at work and sneak to use the computer!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Nice :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
When you say "clean the engine" you mean:
- you drained the engine oil
- filled it with transmission fluid and ran it for 30 minutes
- drained the transmission fluid
- filled it with kerosene and ran it for 30 secondes
- drained the kerosene and then filled it with oil.

Doesn't this cause any damage?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Good kill, Ive always wanted raced one with alot of mods!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ive heard of people doing this before you remove a vaccum line and stick the vaccum line in a quart of dextronIII tranny fliud and suck a little bit at a time while your rev it too 3000rpms use like 1/2 a quart. Then you are suppose to change plugs, oil filter and oil. I havent ever done this but it is suppose to really clean up your pistons and chambers there is some people who claim getting horsepower from this? but dont do this in a garage it makes your car smoke like a train while it cleans it.

Post Edited (Apr 13, 3:15pm)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.