ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if you could reach or get to the bearings(piston bearings) with out taking out the motor if any one knows that would be great.

to lazy to look thought i would ask

·
Registered
94 Posts
Depends on what you mean by "get to". Sure you might be able to look at them with the motor in the car and completely stripped down, but good luck trying to replace them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well yea drop the pan and take of anything in the way i have to do the heads. and i dont want to make this a week project by taking out the motor. just what to know if it is poss.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
You might be able to by dropping the oil pan, taking the main girdle off, dropping the crank (may have to take the front timing cover off to get to stuff on the nose of the crank, I dunno), and then pull the pistons out from the bottom. Then you can get to the rod bearings.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i take it no one has done this before or it is just a bad lazy idea. that you for your reply

·
Registered
20 Posts
In order to drop the oil pan, you have to drop the crossmember, which is where the engine mounts are. You will have to support the engine with a lift. If you are going in there to replace the main bearings, you should also do rod bearings, and check the crank, and rings, and....... Makes more sense to pull the engine and do this type of work in a CLEAN environment, unless reliability doesn't matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.