ZCar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone fitted BC coil overs to their 240z. The issue I’m having is the rear coil over is now bottomed out and the car sits higher than standard. The fronts are ok. They are the correct way round before anyone asks lol. I have spoke to BC and they say the coil overs are the same for the 240z 260z and 280z. The card in the box states 75-78 280z my car is 1973 240z. If anyone could give me the length of the rear damper on their coil over it would be much appreciated

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mr.White:

It may just be me, but I find your Problem Statement confusing.

What's a "BC" strut?

What is "bottomed out"?

Are you talking about one rear strut, or both?

It "sits higher" where?

As for application, while the strut shocks may be the same for all Zs, the springs are not. As they got heavier (especially the 280), the spring rates changed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Where was the strut tube cut and the threaded collar welded? If you aren't able to get the car low enough on the lowest setting, seems like the collar was welded too high on the strut tube.

·
Registered
656 Posts
In case you didn't know, the rear struts of the 280Z's are approximately 3 inches longer than the 240Z rear struts. The 280Z strut tube is also slightly larger in diameter than the 240Z strut tube. Your issue would make sense if they gave you 280Z rear struts for your 240Z. It is entirely possible that they use the same strut for all Z's but that would have to mean the threaded adapter would need to be low on the 240 and welded 3" higher on the 280...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In case you didn't know, the rear struts of the 280Z's are approximately 3 inches longer than the 240Z rear struts. The 280Z strut tube is also slightly larger in diameter than the 240Z strut tube. Your issue would make sense if they gave you 280Z rear struts for your 240Z. It is entirely possible that they use the same strut for all Z's but that would have to mean the threaded adapter would need to be low on the 240 and welded 3" higher on the 280...
Hi thanks for the reply I’m thinking they have given me 280 z struts but when I contacted BC they said they use the same strut for all 240 69 and 80 but if it’s right what you say then that’s the problem. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where was the strut tube cut and the threaded collar welded? If you aren't able to get the car low enough on the lowest setting, seems like the collar was welded too high on the strut tube.
Hi no all that part of it is correct these tubes slide over the the cut tube and was cut slightly lower than recommended

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr.White:

It may just be me, but I find your Problem Statement confusing.

What's a "BC" strut?

What is "bottomed out"?

Are you talking about one rear strut, or both?

It "sits higher" where?

As for application, while the strut shocks may be the same for all Zs, the springs are not. As they got heavier (especially the 280), the spring rates changed.
Hi I’m talking about an after market coil over made by a company called BC they make it possible to lower or raise the height of the car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts