ZCar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What battery group size did the z31 originally come with? I've done many many searches on various forums, and came up with nothing. Not in the owners manual. Auto parts websites are no good size they show many sizes for my particular car, and they recently showed the wrong size for my Frontier.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
who cares about the group? go to interstate battery site and input your car. they tell you what battery should go in there. best batteries I've ever used. you always get more time than the warranty states. Don't get one of those fancy gel cell batteries. if it ever discharges to zero you might as well throw it away.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None of that answers my question. It helps to read the post too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Don't know what SWAG means but FYI 24/27 are same height.

Dose anyone know what the z31 originally came with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What battery group size did the z31 originally come with from the factory?

FYI, Auto Zone shows these fit:
24, 24S, 25, 26, 27, 27S, 34, 34DT, 75DT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For God's sake, go measure the pan the battery sits in and the height from the pan to a normal position of the hold down bracket. And make sure which post goes where.

This site says 25 standard, 27 optional.
http://www.autobatteries.com/en-us/how-to-choose-your-car-battery-replacement/car-battery-group-size
So people asking questions pisses you off? Just ignore this thread. I asked what the car came with. I want to know that. Is that OK?

Google "battery group size" and pick a site.
As I said:
BrianL; said:
Auto parts websites are no good size they show many sizes for my particular car, and they recently showed the wrong size for my Frontier.
BrianL; said:
Auto Zone shows these fit:

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
So people asking questions pisses you off? Just ignore this thread. I asked what the car came with. I want to know that. Is that OK?

As I said:
Not pissed off at all, other than piqued that you couldn't bother to do some searching and reasoning with that website under Battery Applications. I can't ignore the obvious.

If you look at that website it will say 24 is primary and 27 is "optional and Canada", optional probably being for cold clilmates. The 27 is 3" longer, same H X D.
So, unless the car was from Canada or northern US, you most likely need the standard 24.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not pissed off at all, other than piqued that you couldn't bother to do some searching and reasoning with that website under Battery Applications. I can't ignore the obvious.

If you look at that website it will say 24 is primary and 27 is "optional and Canada", optional probably being for cold clilmates. The 27 is 3" longer, same H X D.
So, unless the car was from Canada or northern US, you most likely need the standard 24.
Huh? Did you even read my posts?
Once again:
I've done many many searches on various forums, and came up with nothing. Not in the owners manual. Auto parts websites are no good size they show many sizes for my particular car, and they recently showed the wrong size for my Frontier.
FYI, Auto Zone shows these fit:
And regardless of what all fits, I asked four times what the car came with. A couple different people had no problem giving that info for a 280z, here (which I just found):
http://www.zcar.com/forum/10-70-83-tech-discussion-forum/83636-battery-size.html

Call it what you want, maybe not pissed off, but replying to someone with "For God's sake" is rude and means you were irritated.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
rogerz told you right below your original post to go to Interstate Battery and search your car. Guess what??? They show a 24, which you couldn't be bothered to check.
I also showed you a site to check and revealed it's a 24 unless it's from Canada or cold climate.
I think I also suggested measuring the battery box and hold down. You could then confirm if a 24 was the right fit.
That's as close as you're going to get to your inquiry of what battery was originally fitted.
And "For God's Sake", next time put some effort into it and pick reasonable place to search, such as several battery makers to confirm agreement, not auto parts stores.
Just being rude again. :x

·
Registered
1 Posts
What battery group size did the z31 originally come with? I've done many many searches on various forums, and came up with nothing. Not in the owners manual. Auto parts websites are no good size they show many sizes for my particular car, and they recently showed the wrong size for my Frontier.
Did you ever get the correct size figured out? My son is trying to determine what you were also. The correct fit seems to be a group 25 based on measurements but the search results are all over the map. Seems the Canadians would have received a group 27 but they must have installed a different battery tray as on our it wont fit down into the tray properly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts