ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the posts by 103kzx and saw all that talk about batch firing. My question is exactly how does it work? I would think that by shooting fuel into all cylinders at the same time you would have fuel escaping through the exhaust valve on certain cylinders? Is there an aftermarket system that fires the injectors sequentially, and if so wouldn't that create a lot more horse power with added fuel economy......more bang for the buck?
I promise I want to learn so I won't insult the intelligence and expertise of this bord. I apreciate all help everyone has always given me.

Thanks
Josh 83zxt

·
Registered
972 Posts
The injectors fire into the intake manifold runners previous to the intake valve, not directly into the cylinders.

The improvement in performance between a batch fire system and multi-port system has more to do with the complexity (and intellegence) of the ECU than the physics behind the operation. But I'm sure someone will disagree.

ConorP

·
Registered
291 Posts
from a pure observation point:
the injectors fire in to the intake runners not the cylinders, given. Injectors spray the gas kinda like a windex bottle set on mist. So theoretically if gas is sprayed at the exact instant the cylider draws then you would have better flow/consumption of the injected fuel.....but then take in to account that the speed of your engine. Gravity + the initial injection speed would still be "outrun" by the engine speed. So that the fuel would still be in the air regardless of the time from injection to draw....but they say multi port injection is better......maybe because it fires the injectors better....i dont see much of a fuel distribution advantage to it....but this is just my observation of the mechanics with a flair of physics and fluid dynamics

later
jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.