ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
faulty turbo would cause smoke probably, or a high piched whining noise, or probably both.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the air flow the engine be disrupted?...........Would it have any effect on the amount of power created by the engine.......

·
Registered
517 Posts
The 1984 Nissan 300ZX Service Manual has a trouble shooting chart for turbo problems. The chart lists three turbo problems: (1) turbo is not providing boost when it should be, (2) turbo is providing boost when it shouldn't be, and (3) the turbo is leaking oil.

Post Edited (Jun 15, 1:03pm)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yes and yes. If the turbo is seized up, there will be less air entering the engine and the power will be cut immensly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would there be a in between of when it work or when it doesn’t?
iam not leaking any fluids....
when should the turbo be noticable.......
sorry this is my first z car

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I'm gonna give you a break since I know your first language isn't English...

You should feel the boost come on right around 3000rpms. You should hear the turbo spool up.

If it's not working, you'll definetly notice that it's not as fast, and you won't hear the turbo.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Take it to a track! :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
if the turbo is bad your z will perform like s**t trust me your car will not be able to get out of its own way a 3 cyl. would smoke you!!! trust me i now from experience!! wen i replaced my bad trubo and put her to the wood it set me back in my seat!!!!!!!!

86 300zx turbo...turbo timer
jesus drove a ford thats wy he walked everywhere!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.