Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Recently purchased an '86 NA. Trying to figure out why my passenger window will not go down. Replaced passenger side switch, checked fuses (under driver side dash). Window motor is not making any sounds so I dont think its getting power at all. Any other fuses/relays/connections I am overlooking? Haven't got a service manual yet so any pointers appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Check your drivers side power window switch. I may be wrong, but I think a bad drivers side switch can make it not go down...just thinking outloud, not actual experience.

·
Registered
657 Posts
mine was a loose connection......bent the little connections, havent had a problem since.

will it go down with the drivers switch?????

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the exact same problem! Driver's side works---passenger side will not with either switch. . . thought it was the window motor. Would love to hear a cheaper explanation!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
well heres my idea.............. take off the door panel. hook you window motor to a battery and see what she does....... if she works then start testing wires....... if she doesnt take a trip to the junkyard or dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.