Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

I been working on my car for the better part of two months off and on trying to get this issue right. I did a bunch of stuff to the car over the last ten months, (740 injectors, ported heads, JWT 500 cams, bigger throttle bodies, MS manifolds) and the first time I started it, it seemed to run really good, just very rich.

Then the next morning I started it, and it would barely stay running. If I disconnect the MAF, it will idle fine after hunting for a few seconds, and get this, if I take the air filter off (brand new on doolz intake) of the MAF side, it will run at idle, roughly with the MAF in the circuit, but does idle, and still really rich. If I put the air filter on, it dies. If I turn it off, put the air filter on, it will not start. Take the air filter back off, it starts.

The MAF is brand new OEM, as well as the knock sensor, TPS, O2 sensors, and wiring harness. I got no vacuum, leaks (-21 at idle) and no codes off the ECU. All the grounds are in place, all the sensors are reading right voltage, WTF???

I guess I am down to thinking either A. the ECU is programmed wrong, or B it's gone bad. Has anyone ever seen any **** as weird as this? Thanks.

Eric

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...

that's what I am thinking guys. Ash did it, But he had done two others for me with no problems.

VG, I pulled all the intake piping off first thinking that I had a paper towel lodged in the intercoolers or something. Nothing blocking.

Eric

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Z-addict Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know this is obvious, but the ECU is programmed
> for the doolz and 740's? From whom did you buy it?

Yeah...

it was re-flashed for this setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.