ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back from Calgary after letting my Z sit for about 5 day's I noticed that when I push in my clutch pedal it basically falls faster than i can push down with my foot until about half way in, then it finally catches. When I release the clutch I pull off about half way then and sometime the pedal will just sit at half way and not return all the way up. Could it be a bad cylenders? There is no slipping at all. please tell me I don't got replace my clutch plate..

Post Edited (Sep 25, 11:33am)

·
Registered
53 Posts
you prob have a bad slave cylinder, or a good leak. try filling and bleading the unit,if cylinder has a leak,youll see it rite away

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
jerky is right!

Your symptoms remind me of what I was expericing after replacing the clutch but before I bled the clutch when there was still air in the hydraulic system. If there is any air in the system the clutch pedal won't have the tension you're used to and require. Try filling it with dot 3 brake fluid, then bleeding the system.

Check out these bleeding tips - I put them together after my horrible experiences:

http://www.zheritage.com/index.php?page=clutchbleed

If that doesn't make a difference I would definitley look to the master and slave cylinders.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
If you haven't been messing with your clutch recently and introducing air into the system, most likely it's either the clutch master cylinder, or the slave cylinder.

1)I would run some fluid through there an try and bleed it, but even if it works you're most likely just covering the problem instead of fixing it.

2)Since the master and the slave cylinder both wear at the same rate, the best idea is to replace them both at the same time.

3)To make the bleeding of the clutch system easier, replace the clutch dampener with a rear brake hose from either a 280zx or a z31.

***And, as always, use teflon tape on all fittings to insure no leakage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.