ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Most likely the box.
The clutch would affect all shifts and would be most noticable when the car is stationary and you are trying for reverse.

You could check your tranny oil level but if it is low then the damage may be already done. Maybe new oil might help a little bit. I had good results putting synthetic tranny oil in an old RX-7 tranny.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
2nd ^.

It's probably not your clutch. It would exhibit signs of slipping, etc, but no grinding. Filling, replacing the fluid in your tranny is a good idea and may improve it some. If the damage has been done you can rebuild it or swap in another. With our z31's it's not terribly difficult to swap another one on and there are tons of people on the z31.com classifieds who would love to sell you one at a reasonable price.

I would try replacing the fluid as Mister_T suggested first!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the reason that i thought it would be my clutch was because my na was doing that but it aslo was slipping. so when i changed the clutch it fixed that also

·
Registered
353 Posts
i had a similar problem , it came out to be a plastic bushing that goes from the end of the shifter and connects to the tranny , it had came off so it hasd play and it had problems going into second , but this is in a n/a tranny, and depending on the grinding im guessing it could be something more serious in the tranny

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
my car does the same thing. My pressure plate has collapsed slightly on one so it never fully releases, even with the clutch adjusted all the way out. I am going to put an ACT clutch in to replace it in a week or so, but my synchros are no doubt shot to **** and the ends of my gears are no doubt ground down due to clashing of teeth when i shift. I was considering rebuilding my tranny while its out, but since i've never done work on a tranny maybe i should just see if it really needs it first.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also, when i depress the clutch at a stop you can hear a slight squeak. just tryin to figure this **** thing out. its sucks not bein able to accelerate from 1st to 2nd :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.