ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My back up light does not work. Many years ago I had the transmission down to do a clutch job. Determining that the switch was bad (jumper the plug) I replaced it. However I replaced it with an aftermarket switch and it does not work. It needs more "throw" in order to engage the circuit. The Z has been in the garage on stands while I work through some issues, including the charging system problem that left me stranded a couple of weeks ago.

I have tried to remove the back up lamp switch several times but have failed. Last night I cut the wires to the switch, connected some long leads and brought it into the the cab. Wired the leads up to a manual on/off switch that I will mount in DIN cubby below the headunit., right next to my manual stereo antenna up/down switch. There have been several times in the last many years that I really wished I had a back up light: backing up in the dark, backing up into a busy street. This way I will at least have the option of manually turning on my back up lights. STUPID: Yes. Effective: I'll let you know. I can see forgetting to turn off the back up light when I drive away, but oh well at least I'll have light when I want/need it.

Been a while since I have tinkered with the Z. Just thought I would share.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts