ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it was me who was running the Acura. It was VERY red, and VERY fast. But. . .

Niether one of us launched very well, and there was a lot of tire spinnning and screeching. When I got the car pointed straight up the road, I let off, and then jumped on it again. I had about a car length on him, until about 70 or 75. At that point, he pulled about a car on me, and leveled off. We stayed that way for just a second, before we both backed off. I'm sure if the race would have went much longer, he would have made me look bad but we kinda ran out of room, and this saved me from most certain emberassment.

I could tell by the look on his face though, that I scared the **** out of him, just by getting on it with him, and then pulling away from him.

Just goes to show you, that a good driver, can make up for a slower car, against a horrible driver in a blistering fast exotic.

My next goal is a Diablo, or a Vector. So, if anyone knows where I can find one let me know. In fact, why not just raise the bar to the top?! Anyone who knows where I can find a McLaren F1, drop me a line. :) Let the good times roll.

And actually the race wasn't on Henderson, it was on the access road, leading up to I-35.

Antony and Mark:
my e-mail adress is
[email protected]
Drop me a line, and maybe you can make it out to one of Redline Autosports meetings, so we can meet. Antony, I remember seeing your car, at the red light, just before I sped away. Blue 280Z, right?

"One small race for a Z, one giant race for Z-kind."

Chris Behney
Redline Autosports

·
Registered
996 Posts
RE: Zilla vs. NSX

Sounds good, wish I could have been in that race too! My Z will run with an NSX, I've done it in Asheville, NC. There are several NSX's there and I raced a black R series. I drive a viper blue 280 with a 2.9L. I don't know about the McLaren - thats about 2 seconds faster to 60 than that NSX. Any pictures of your car it sounds nice.

Later
Matt

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
no sense picking on the weak!!!

That's why I race with the BMW and Porsche Clubs.....that is when I have tires to race on!!!!!

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: pictures...questions...

Hey Chris,

Nice lookin' Z. A few questions...

1) How did you bore your exhaust manifold?

2) Are you planning on getting a strut tower brace? (It really helps in the corners!)

Mark Z.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Sentra vs Diablo

Chris,
My son toasted a Lamboughini Diablo in a stock '83 Sentra - 1.6 liter 4 cylinder with 69 HP. Both launched on a green light but the Lambo driver stalled it. Needless to say it took a week for the Sentra to stop spinning once he re launched but he wouldn't look Eric in the eye at the next light. Hid in shame behind his designer sun glasses!!
Phantom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<b>RE: Vector has a 3.8 sec 0 to 60 time.</b>

It's motor utilizes the same principles as a drag racing engine. Sorry, but your only prayer is....humm, I guess you don't have one. Thats good running the NSX. I think you could probably take him up to his high third gear under track conditions with a car that is as strong sounding as yours. However, it is one of the lesser exotics. Wasn't as capable as it should have been was the consensous of the auto writers. You would have better luck with the Diablo than the Vector as it is supposed to be quirkier.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Phantom,

My first car in college was an 83 Sentra. Only mod was a glasspack, Monza tip and turning the air filter cover upside down. I routinely beat 200SX turbos, 320i's and several other cars. That little thing was fast! (for its day). It was 4 years old and in mint condition when my then girlfriend took it out on a date (I was in flt. school in pensacola) and it got stolen and stripped. Felt like I'd been raped!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<b>I have more than a prayer.</b>

I think that wracking them off on an NSX, proves that I have more than a prayer.

Interesting note for you
A Diablo only runs a low 12 second 1/4. That's only 1 second faster than my Z. Well, it took a profesional driver, who has been through countless driving schools to get it there also.

The Vector. Well, same story. High 11's, running over 100 octane fuel, with a profesional driver, under pristine circumstances.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I am going to beat any of these cars if I find them, but you can't argue when the numbers are that close. The only way to find out is to run 'em. And I'm all about solving it that way. :)

Chris Behney
Redline Autosports

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: 1 second is close??

Get out to the track more Chris. Getting beat by 1 second in the quarter mile is over 10 car lengths. Not exactly what I'd call close. Plus we know you can keep up with those pro drivers. You are such a good driver even the synchros in your tranny can't keep up with your blinding shift speed, right?

greg
71 240z

P.S.: Just kidding with ya, don't take it serious. You are gonna have to take the shots if you are going to get cocky because you beat on some overpriced sports car with a lousy driver.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<b>My point exactly.</b>

Yeah, I take a lot of critisism, because of a cocky attitude, but no big deal, I take it in stride.

But like I was saying, it took profesional drivers to get these cars to the times they were claiming. If I run accros one on the streets, chances are it won't be a profesional driver. So, if the bowling ball bounces my way, and the guy with the high HP exotic can't drive well, then I'll catch 'em off gaurd, and the race is mine.

So, I don't guess you've seen any Ferrari's running around your neck of the woods you send at me, have you. :)

Take it easy,
Chris Behney

·
Registered
432 Posts
alright Mr. Behey

sure sounds like you enjoy your car, and i like my datsun too. but i'd trade it in a heart beat for any one of the cars you listed,and even if you whooped me in a disgracefull way i doubt my woman passenger would like me any less for it. go look for a mustang their probably the closer to your (REAL) pace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.