ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm racing a caprice this weekend that makes a quarter mile time of 15.5's.
Before I embrass myself does anybody know what the 81zx makes in the quarter mile?
I have done some small mods to it including a ram air system, header, and an exaust system.

also my throttle has been misbehaving lately. I've greased every joint i could see but it's still stiff.
thank you in advance.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hmmm ya might want to pass on the race

I am afraid that your 280ZX will be lucKy to run a low 16 second 1/4. A stock one ran in the 17 sec range and with your limited mods and sticking throttle I think you will suffer a humiliating loss. Just tell him that you'll have to pass on this race. Later,norm

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
challenge him to an AutoX

You'll win for sure Heh-Heh-Heh race in your yard...not his. Twisty roads are home to a Z car.

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sticking throttle

Does it only stick when you accelerate from idle? If the throttle plate is closed too far it will stick to the inside of the throttle body and then release suddenly, causing you to accelerate like a fool and miss shifts. (I know) The solution is a little set screw just below the linkage on the TB. it faces up, is phillips and is hard to get to.

Good luck with your race. How to win... Hmmm. Strip everything out of the car except the seat and the steering wheel, take off the rear hatch and the bumpers. You should lose about 400 lbs and your car will go faster. hehehe, just kidding.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<b>RE: Sticking throttle</b>

Yes, it sticks mostly while accelrating from idle. I'll do what you said to the throttle plate.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.