ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does a z compare to a vette in handling? i was talkin to a guy that had a 280 and he used to have a vette he says that the z handles as good or better. is this true?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>Depends on both cars....</b>

A Z car can be made to handle just like a go-cart... turning quickly without spinning out. However, in stock format... they were just ok. A corvette on the other hand came both ways... the older vettes (83 and before) didn't handle to good without improvements. Newer vettes... are hard to beat from the factory. In either case.. if ya drop some money into shocks, structs, springs, sway bars and the way these items are mounted. Both cars can handle extremely well. Is one better then the other... depends on what its used for. AutoX, road racing, street sun and fun... I have seen a 240Z race with corvettes and win... I have seen the opposite also.

Hope that helps,
Dennis

·
Registered
364 Posts
Had a 68 and a 84....

My 68 didn't handle to well either.... but my 84 did just fine from the factory... Had a hard time keeping good tires on the rear....still do.... So I like to light'm up.....what can I say....

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>Still got that 68 Dennis?????</b>

Dennis my next project now that my Z is almost done will be a 68-72vette. Do you have the 327 with the tripple duces on that monster of yours?
Zya Travis 77z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<b>RE: Still got that 68 Dennis?????</b>

Travis...

Na... its been gone for more years then I'd like to admit to. If I remember right... when I picked it up, it had the Rodchester Quadrajet (sp) on it. Which was removed and a think a Holley went on it. I'm sure one did at one point in time or another.... I like getting horsepower out of what every I have... Kind of like Scottie... I would tend to think that he has such a nice turbo because he was running a chevy v8 before that. Per his web page. Once ya feel the power, its hard to forget that lov'n feeling.

Let me know what ya turnup... I get Hememing's Motor News and always give it a real good reading.

Cheers,
Dennis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.