ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do Z's compare to bikes? speed & quarter mile times? I know Z's will out handle them, no sweat, but which is faster?

The reason I'm asking is my friend (in his 280zx) got his ass kicked by some kid on a green and pink flashy bike. Are harley's faster than z's?

Bill R.

·
Registered
646 Posts
RE: Z VS. CROTCH ROCKET?

The average sportbike will do 0-60 times in the 4 second range and some even faster, so you better be running on the bottle to even have any chance.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

My friend just got a Handa CBR F4 600CC "99
and that thing can kick some ass watch the TV for some Bike Drag races some do under 5 secs in the 1/4 mile thats one ride you would forget=)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

My friend just got a Handa CBR F4 600CC "99
and that thing can kick some ass watch the TV for some Bike Drag races some do under 5 secs in the 1/4 mile thats one ride you wont forget=)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Harleys probably not...but the street/race bikes sure can. Like the other guys said, sub - 4 second runs 0 - 60 aren't unheard of.

matty

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Theoretically

THEORETICALLY.....i t can do 0-60 in 2 1/2 blinks but that's if you can keep the front tire on the ground! too easy to flip a bike end for end.
i saw it happen....NASTY

matty

·
Registered
821 Posts
r-6 or r-1

I had a yamaha yzf600r and it could do 0-60 in 3.5 AND THE 1/4 IN LOW 10'S. HAVE A FRIEND WHO HAS THE NEW R-1 WITH AFTER MARKET PIPES AND REJETED. WHO O-60 IS CLOSE TO 3.0 FLAT AND 1/4 IS IN THE 9'S THE NEW R-6 IS BETTER YET THE MCLEARN F-1 CAN'T DO THAT AND IT IS THE FASTEST STREET CAR. THE Z IS NO WHERE CLOSE UNLESS YOU HAVE A TWIN TURBOED SMALL BLOCK PUMPING OUTWARD OF 600+ HP AND SOME WAY OF GETTING IT TO HOOK UP WITH OUT BLOWING THE TIRES OUT WITH ACCELERATION.
HARLEY'S IF YOU CAN KEEP IT FROM BREAKING OR BLOWING UP YOU COULD MOSTLIKLY BEAT A NON TURBOED Z.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Isn't This Another One of Those...

"Can Rambo Beat Up Rocky" questions? Gee, I wish the kiddies who ask silly questions like that would use the Legion of Justice comics bulletin board instead.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RE: r-6 or r-1 -> josh

Actually, I'll let you have your 3 second 0-60. Personally, I prefer to have SOME metal around me if for any reason I go slamming into something. Though I must say my Z would protect me for ****, being as I don't have any bumpers... Just fiberglass. hehe

That and I am nice and snug with the door. hehe

Brett

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.