ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to Don Potter today about the Z heads. For you turbo guys this will be interesting. He is able to extract 600hp from only 14-15psi of boost and can run 28 degrees total timing at 24 psi of boost. What the ****! Anyway, his heads go for $6000-$8000 and include complete chamber redesign, complete port and bowl redesign, custom grind cam, roller rockers($75 per), and some other goodies. Maybe that is why he is almost able to extract close to 400hp from an n/a motor. He told me I must have head problems to be detonating at such low advance numbers. Kind of makes me not want to run my head now! I'm Scared!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Z head for $6000-$8000, anyone interested.

240z turbo wrote:
-------------------------------
I was talking to Don Potter today about the Z heads. For you turbo guys this will be interesting. He is able to extract 600hp from only 14-15psi of boost and can run 28 degrees total timing at 24 psi of boost. What the ****! Anyway, his heads go for $6000-$8000 and include complete chamber redesign, complete port and bowl redesign, custom grind cam, roller rockers($75 per), and some other goodies. Maybe that is why he is almost able to extract close to 400hp from an n/a motor. He told me I must have head problems to be detonating at such low advance numbers. Kind of makes me not want to run my head now! I'm Scared!

28 degrees at 24 PSI? What gas is that on, though? CAn't be 92 octane street. Maybe 116? What are the advances you are able to run, Jim? I'm thinking something along the lines of 20 degrees at 20# on street gas and maybe up to 24 degrees on race gas. I don't know about the $8000 head.
greg
71 240z

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
RE: Z head for $6000-$8000, anyone interested.<

that price is not out of line for top work. I know of someone who paid $5000 back in 80-something dollars for a full-on electromotive NA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.