ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting hit for my renewal, and I've only received three issues (#12,13,14)in the last year, instead of six as my subscription specifies. Plus, as I seem to remember, Marc Sayer promised to add one issue to the last year (making 7), as a thank you for our patience while he got the mag together.

I feel like I'm being ripped off. Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: Z-Car Magazine subscription renewal</b>

I sent in a subscription before Christmas, and have yet to receive my first issue. I did finally receive my free back issue and '99 calendar -- two weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
RE: Z-Car Magazine subscription renewal

Generally I don't like to respond to posts like this because it has a tendency to degenerate into a world wide bashing of someone who may not even know that his name is being dragged through the mud. In this case I will make an exception. Although I do not know Marc personally I have had business dealings with him that were not Z-Car Magazine related. I am though, a subscriber. Marc is extremely knowledgeable about cars and performance. He is inventive and can fabricate most anything. He has great ideas and can make most other great ideas better. He is however just a neophyte when it comes to business. He is slow to get things done but he will, in the end get them done. He is an honorable man who will not cheat you. Starting a magazine that only has a niche circulation, that is, the only people who would be interested are Datsun/Nissan owners is very difficult. Although your subscription money may seem like a big deal to you, Marc and his wife can't and don't expect to live off it. In order to put out a magazine, keep the lights on at the office, pay the help, and feed his family, Marc has to sell advertising. If he sells enough advertising he can put out a magazine. How does this effect you? If you would be so kind as to use the advertisers you find in ZCCD and tell them you found out about them there they would realize that ZCCD is what keeps their lights on...
Don't bash Marc. He will eventually send your magazine. He does this because he has the same passion as you. I am sure that he could make more money designing and manufacturing parts for Z's and British cars.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>No bashing required</b>

I'm not bashing anyone, and I don't doubt his sincerity in bringing a good magazine to my doorstep. Whether he can live the good life based on the income from this magazine is irrelevant. He took over the magazine and made commitments, (which I have already been very patient wating for), some of which he has kept. BUT, to ask me to renew, and not send all the issues I was promised, well that IS cheating.

Would you send in your $20 for three issues?

(and I have used advertisers in the mag BTW).

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
RE: No bashing?

Gee Roy, what are you looking for here then? Marc is not here to defend himself. You have clearly already decided that he is cheating you. Do you want sympathy? I wish the issues came more often too. Are you looking for advice? In other words if your not bashing Marc Sayer what exactly do you hope to accomplish by posting this here? If I had the same concerns (and I did send in my money to extend my subscription) I would take it up with Marc. About 50% of the time he is the one answering the phone. He is also the only one who can help you. As for the renewal request I am sure that Marc sent them out to everyone. So all you really have to do is go to the website and by e-mail point out that you only got three issues and I am sure it will be extended. However, to say you aren't bashing him when you are clearly taking a passive-aggressive approach to what is a personal problem is simply fooling yourself. Talk to Marc. Your problem is with him. What you are doing here is the electronic equivelent of keying his car when he is inside the house. Be a man and face the man.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>No to sympathy...yes to knowledge</b>

Gee Rob, if you re-read my original post I wanted to know if anyone else had received a renewal notice and only received three issues instead of six (I'm paraphrasing slightly).

I even said Marc had promised an extra issue for our patience. That was a smart move on his part. You were the one who said you didn't like to respond to these remarks because it tends to degenerate into bashing, and then you went right into it!

No man goes into battle (poor choice of words) without all
the knowledge he can get. That was my goal.

Sheeeeezzzzzz !

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Roy your right. And as far as Rob goes he sounds like one of those liberals that doesn't think slick wellie had sex with Monica!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts

Actually, I am quite certain considering the admission by both of them that they did indeed have sex. However, I don't see what that has to do with this. So Ken Moser, why don't you go work on your spelling and punctuation and let Roy speak for himself.
Roy, I did read your post again and I stand by my response. In fact I called Marc myself and he will give your money back. Now if you could just find the courage to ask him. I doubt it though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.