ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pupm work only between wipes, like all ZX's I assume. Is there a way to disconnect this so the water flows continuously when I pull the knob back ?????

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sure, There Is.

Simply run a hot wire directly to the positive lead in the windshield washer pump and install a dashboard switch on it so the pump runs whenever the switch is activated.
It beats me why you'd want to do that though. The intermittent squirts of windshield washer fluid are timed to work in coordination with the wiper blades. If the pump runs continously, fluid is just wasted.

Say, you're not Tim Allen, are you - the guy from "Home Improvement" who keeps hollering "More power?"

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Sure, There Is.</b>

Well I was looking for a simpler way........such as disconect a wire or somehing.
I am really not really in the mood to install a washer switch, especially when ther eis one there.
As far as the reasons, the Z is not really famous for washing the winshield that well, especially in high speeds since it is an old system with only single outlets..........Oh, and about saving washer fluid........I am not interested in that !!!!!!!
thanks for the advice though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.