ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of building an engine with a spare '77 block I have in the garage. Right now I have a L24 with a E88 that has a performance cam. My question is will this head mount on the L28 or does it have incorrect combustion chamber size? If not what is the best cylinder head to use?

Thank you

·
Registered
364 Posts
all of them fit......

Adam,

All of the heads fit.... yea.. I'm serious. You could take the e88 head off and put it on. Now, which is the best... depends on what you use the car for.... I was hoping that you included the block casting number, which would tell me what pistons were in that extra block you have... you can find the casting number on the driver's side of the engine.... about where cylinders 3 and 4 are. You might have to clean up the area because the carbs and exhaust normally cover this area... so it isn't typically clean....

If you find N42 or F54... start smiling.... these are very good blocks.... I have a complete F54 in my garage right now an am just holding on to it for a rainy day....

Check out this web page for some very good information on engine block, and heads

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/2824/rebuild.html

There is 12 pages of data there that will do more then get you started.

Enjoy the information....

Cheers,
Dennis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.