ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
REDLINE SYNTHETIC BEST IMO.

I use it, my friends use it, my engine builder (Rebello) recommends it and racers I know use it.

I noticed the engine and trans run cooler. I can verify at least 5 degree drop in engine temp (based on gauge), and can feel the difference in trans temp transmitted through the tunnel. It is much cooler to the touch, which indicates a significant drop in temp. Also, shifting is smoother and easier. Don't know about power benefits, but I would assume there are some, since there are drops in temp, which indicates less friction, which means more hp.

Dave

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Whats the best synthetic oil for ENG,TRANS,

Personally I use Amsoil for mine. If your car leaks or burns any regular mineral oil now, you would be wasting money by using synthetics. It will leak or burn even more. However, for a sound engine, synthetics will do exactly what the previous post says. Lower temps due to less friction, which means a little more power gets to the wheels. Before i switched to Amsoil I put my hands on the rear end after a good drive. Too hot to leave hands on. After switching, I could leave my hands on it with only a little discomfort, but still tolerable. Sounds stupid, Im sure to touch a hot part, but hey! It was cooler. The difference was something that could be felt. And that is what really counts. A couple of days ago, there was a big argument about the benefits of synthetics to mineral oil. A couple said none, and a couple said most definetly. I didnt want to get involved in that. But like I said I FELT the difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.