ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to torque the rod bolts on my motor. I have the ones from ARP. Stock rod bolts call for 36 ft/lbs. Are the ARP the same or do they require more/less torque? Also, does applying the molly lube they supply change the torque specification? Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
here it is!

It's too bad my scanner is not working, but you should have the paper that came inside the package dont you?

well, here it goes..

The paper says:

Rod Bold Installation for Part # 202-6003
Application Nissan L24 Series (Late), L26, L28

[1] Please check part-numbers for your application against part numbers listed on instructions sheets.
[2] Make sure that ther is adequate chamfer in connecting rod to clear radius under the head of the bolt. Press the bolts into connecting rods.
[3] Rods should always be re-sized when new bolts are installed.
[4] Use <bold> ARP Moly Assembly Lubricand to lubricate the threads of the bold and nut face.
[5] ARP recommends using the STRETCH METHOD for torquing bolts. Follow instructions for using a stretch gauge. Stretch bolts to .0063-.0067.
[6] If you do not have a stretch gauge, follow these steps using the <bold> ARP Moly Assembly Lube. After rods are installed into the motor, torque bolts to 40 ft-lbs. Loosen the nuts. Torque to 40 ft-lbs again. Loosen the nuts and torque to 40 ft-lbs a third and final time.
[7] A log should be kept on the original non-torqued length of each bolt. Bolts that have any permanent deformation or have increased in non-torqued length should be replaced.

Please feel free to call us if you have any questions and we will be happy to assist you.

******end of instruction sheet*******

their phone # is (805) 278-7223

I hope this answers you question

Z-ya

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: here it is!</b>

Thanks Carlos! I had Top-End race prep the rods so I did not get a piece of paper with the torque specs. They also pre-stretch the bolts for ya. **** that was a bitch getting them untightened. Anyway, short block is built and I am about to put on the head. I had to run the tap through all the holes for the ARP Head studs I bought. Anyway, Motor should be running in the near future. I pray I know what I am doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.