ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been a bit slow going for me . I have to travel about a half hour to work on my motor . This only leaves me weekends . I have the entire block torn down . There was some major rust in piston #6 . The motor sat for 7 years, the rings are siezed into piston lands . All pistons good no detonation at all . There is barely any lip on the cylinder wall , All bearings are in very good shape . No wall scoring or on piston skirts . I am honing the cylinders to try and remove small pitting by rust, almost gone . I stripped down the head, and I am in the process of doing a full port job myself . The porting takes alot longer than I thought, I am taking it fairly easy on the first cylinder being extra cautious because I have never done this before . I have still not licenced my Z yet what a crime . The motor should take a month I imagine . I am looking at getting a new Z in excellent condition (no frame rot), this may be the new subject for transplant . I feel crappy not having driven my Z this year . I have not even done a 4 wheel powerslide this year . I have been philopholing (screwin around) . As for your comment 240turbo yes you probably will get your car done before me . I can't wait to feel the new turbo . The turbo will be run at a low 7 psi intercooled . I will keep it att his setting until the engine is broken in . I want to gget the majority of the tuning done then . I have stock head gasket (doh!!), but I figure if this blows it will be the cheap early warning . Blah blah blah ..... blah blah . Clint (78z)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.