ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left a question for you on Friday under the topic of "how many VIN's ..." If you get a chance, you know, give me an ear full. If you want to, just answer here, since finding the other is getting to be a chore, it's too far back by now and I'm a lazy american.

Thanks
Brian (wish I could fall asleep) S.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Tony D.

Tony is on vacation in Arizona so do not expect him to respond to your vin info until tuesday. There are 3 locations: 1 onthe firewall 2on the drivers side door pillar 3on the dash, drivers side. Hidden vins who knows. I have been told by vin verifiers that there are some kind of hidden vin info. on the vehicle, but it seems so well hidden that noone can find it even with a sawsall.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: Tony D.</b>

Thanks Guys for the info, my concern was about the legality of changing VIN from original dash to another from junk yard. car is '73

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: Tony D.

If you are really concerned,take your vehicle to the motor vehicle department for a vin verification, or just change your old tag to the new dash. As long as the collars and cuffs match. Just make sure the numbers all match the firewall vin, the one STAMPED into the vehicle. Like I said if you have any questions about the propriety of this, contact DMV or the highway patrol or both. Some states will give you a new vin for the vehicle, but you will need the use of a state authorized facility and contact with the local police. good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.