ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

<b>Titles</b>

661 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Unknown User 
#1 ·
What is up with all these cars with no title?
Is there really that many stolen cars? Or are these people just really really forgetfull to where they misplace the deed for something worth $20,000?

How hard is it to get a title replacement?
Anyone have any advice on dealing with people that have this problem?

#2 ·
RE: Titles

What's a title?
Here, In Canada, you register your car under your name (or your parents if youre under 25, cheaper insurance)
and you get plates good for 2 years.
When the plates expire, like if the car sits for too long, it expires, and you have to re-register it.
but are you saying there is NO registration at ALL , as in no previous records?
sounds stolen! but then again people lose things

#3 ·
<b>RE: Titles</b>

I think it depends on where you live. Here in Alabama, titles were not required before 1974. So if you by an older Z, originally purchased before 1974, you won't get a title. No problems at the tag registration department, no hassle. All you need is a bill of sale and the VIN#.

#5 ·
What part of GA are you in

I drive a 78 280 around the Savannah area. I don't see many Z's here thats why I ask, be nice to meet someone with similiar interest. I get asked all the time what kind of car is that, where I lived before everyone knew about Z's

Later
Matt

#7 ·
Matt, I saw your ? on the Z club board

but I cant email when im not on aol, so....
if you check older mesagges, last week or 2, you;ll find the maxima part number for the brackets for rear disks. I have it printed somewhere, but its late and not handy now. email me if you need more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.