ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about upgrading my stock turbo to the much talked about hybrid unit...my only question is how hard is it to make it fit. Is it a simple swap or do you have to have custom fab hookups for it. Just wondering..Ohhh...by the way... I was also thinking about buying a cam for the car as well, since it is turbocharged do I need to run special cams..or can I run a grind that suits me. Thanks for your time guyz

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: t3/t4 hybrid</b>

If you are upgrading the turbo and want to do no mods, than you need to go with an upgraded T3 unit. Perhaps the t3 super-60. Of course, the t3/t4 offers the most for the money. I would suggest goint to a t3/t04B with the super 'V' (350 hp) or the super 'H' (425 hp) compressor wheel. This turbo will bolt right up to your current setup. You will need to make modifications between the AFM and the turbo inlet. If you go with the T04E, you will need to make a shim between the turbine housing and the exhaust manifold because of the increased size of the compressor housing. As far as cams, you will need to get a cam that is designed for turbocharging. Do not use a cam that is designed for carbs or N/A motors. Top-End performance sells some performance cams for a reasonable price and for your setup. 818-764-1901. Any more questions, just ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.