ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No this is not the story how I beat a late 90's Saleen SVT Mustang. I don't want another huge thread of "he must have had flat tires"
I was there and I beat him 7 times enough said of that story. ;-)
This story goes back a few more years (the exact day I got married) My wife and I were married in the summer and decided to honeymoon in the Pocono Mountain area (8hrs from where we live) Well so as not to bore you to death I'll cut to the chase. We got married. Had a big reception, and left for our honeymoon in my heavily modified 78 280z. the car was packed to the top of the hatch and with a click of my harness we were ready to blast off in front of a hundred guests (yeeehaaaa!!) We hopped on the highway pom poms and all and headed west towoards Toronto. As we entered the city limits a white mid 70's PANTERA pulls up beside us and paces us. My wife looks over and says this guy wants to race us? With a gleam in her eye she turned to me and said "Honey.. squash this lamo" (Yes she said that) So the race was on! We had been cruising at 140kph and when this guy surged his car infront of us to provoke us (or say congrats!...we'll never know) I jumped on third gear and started to pull away from this guy 160,170,180,190,200,210,220,230,240, then the needle was buried and this Pantera was still trying to keep up through Toronto. So we slowed down to about 160 and did it again. This guy must have thought we were nuts (as well as other motorists) it was 8:00 pm on a Saturday night. After about 25 min I decided that we should back off and concentrate on getting us to the Pocono's. We must have looked pretty strange driving at more than twice the limit in a slammed, porsche red 280Z with huge tires and blacked out windows covered in pink and blue pom poms and a Big just married sign on the rear glass. Well we will never forget that day or that race. It was funny as **** then and now as I sit here and remember it.
ZR8ED

·
Registered
625 Posts
Now that's the kind of wife we all need!!

What a girl!! ya better hold on to her tight! BTW ,does she still like to race and do you ever let her drive the Z??

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: Now that's the kind of wife we all need!!</

Sure does! I gave her my 300zx turbo for the summer (it was my winter car) and she proceeded to race anything that was crazy enough to race her. I taught her how to drive and race and she loves it!
I take the car to serveral race tracks every year for lapping events and she attends whenever she can. She is still learning and she takes the driving school our Z club offers to new drivers every year to stay on top of it. The only problem is that I have built the car way above her abilities (mine as well) and she is still nervous driving it. She doesn't get to drive it that much. Two years ago though she really put the car through its paces at a very large race track till she got too aggressive with the throttle entering corner 1 at the end of a 1/4 mile straight and spun the car doing 75mph! across the track and into the infield. No injuries and the only damage was that the rear tire deflated and lost its seal with the rim. Along with grass and dirt all over the car! 15min later and I had the car running laps agian.
We have been married for 5 great years and still Zeding. We hope to vacation with the Z to Texas or maybe to the big Z show next summer.
ZR8ED.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Like I said .Better hold on to her TIGHT!!

Man, thats great. Ive tried to get my wife to go racing for years ,but she has no interest at all in blastin down the track :-( How about posting some pics of the wife and the Z sometime ,that way we can all be jealous of what we're missing out on !! LOL Later,norm

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ZR8ED, i understand completely

My girlfriend is a bad infulence on me. Everytime someone pulls up next to us in a fast car, she wants me to race em. And she usually wins and were off. I actually think she would ride passenger on an autocross or even a drag race!! god i had no idea when i asked her out!! SCORE, found a good one at last.

Evan

Sorry for the lame post, i just like my girlfriend!! hehe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RE: ZR8ED, i understand completely

You guys are so lucky;To the rest of us;Last sunday at Sears Point I was in line at the snack bar behind a woman in a driver suit, overheard her about her GT-3(the class) Triumph gt-6 (the car)Something about Thumping her husband regularly.2 races later she beat a 97 corvette by 3/4 lap or more!! Fun at the road races! Oh yeah, this was in an RX-7 That was previously beaten by,guess what?... A 240-Z

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.