ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, a local parts place is having a closeout on excess inventory. They have a full set of coil springs for a '74-'78 Z at a really good price. Problem is, I have a '73. Would these work ok. They are Eibach and are supposed to retain stock height. Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Springs for my '73

Bill,
I'm not really an expert on these matters but the 260 and 280 are
significantly (20%) heavier cars so I seriously doubt that the springs are compatible. The way to know for sure is to check Motorsport Auto's catalog and see
if they have different part numbers. Your chances are slim. If you tried them
anyway you would probably end up with a bone-jarring ride that I doubt you would like.

If you decide that you don't want the springs could you potentially give me the number of the shop. I have a 78 that needs springs and if they're a good deal I might consider it. Of course this could lead you to believe that I've just fed you a line to get the springs myself ;->

Chris Arneson
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

bill,

there is a difference between the rear springs from 70-73 and 74-78 the springs are taller as is the strut tower inside the car. so unfornately they wont fit unless you cut them and they should also be stiffer springs for the increased weight of the cars.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I confirmed that they do indeed use different springs. Your best bet would be to stay away from them.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.