Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Foreign Object Damage ?
A young parts clerk informed me there was a problem with the tabs heating up and breaking off the plugs, causing expensive engine damage.
Has anyone else heard of this?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Split-fire F.O.D.

Havent heard of that but I once installed them in a modified 91 240SX and the car immediately started running like **it. Misfiring and hesitating. Put NGKs in and it ran great. I think they have the right idea but poor QC. Ive heard of others having similar problems

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RUN away from Split-fire plugs</b>

I got sucked into those POS's about 8 years ago. Tried them on my turbo car and burned the ground strap (the fork part of it) right off in the first week and a half. Knocked the ring lands off a piston too.

Put NGK's back in, and it drove perfect for the next 30K miles.

Rcr X

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<b>RE: RUN , RUN,RUN DONT LOOK BACK</b>

Two out of six started backing out of the hole. A buddy put some in his Toyota pick-up and same thing happend to him, so Back to NGK,s we went.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about those new Bosch ones?

I don't know what they're called, They have 4 prongs and they look really pretty... Also, at $6 a piece they better make my NA run like a stroker. Anyone tried these? A buddy of mine with a new avenger says he noticed a positive difference immediately.

Steve G

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>RE:Use NGK four prong.</b>

I installed the NGK four prong into my 78 and they have run terrific. They were only about $3.00 each at Pep Boys. I think they were BP6ET. I'll check the numbers (may be the wrong order) and post it.

Matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<b>RE: RE:Use NGK four prong.</b>

I have run Splitfire in my friends dirt bike and it did not ever fire in his or then in my bike.Like someone said before poor QC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.