Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Spare Tire

You can buy a compressed air can at any Auto store. Or I carry a portable air pump with me (battery powered).

·
Registered
680 Posts
RE: Spare Tire

I have both if I m on flat land I can use the eletic pump but the car has to be running. And a can of air

·
Premium Member
40,975 Posts
N2...

Inert, expensive, BOTIQUE!
Let's corner the market and then sell it to the Porsche
guys!
I assume you're talking about the "space saver" spare and it's original can that's missing now? I've used all three suggestions so far and will tell you NOT to use fix-a-flat!!! It's got this stuff in it that eats away the paint on the rim and will corrode the metal underneath if left in the tire/rim. Don't let the parts store sell you fix-a-flat for the canned air mentioned above!
Nice thing about the battery operated compressor: you can do ALL your tires with it, and that cute girlies tires, too. Broken down out in the middle of nowhere...

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replacing the Spare

I had to throw my space saver away because it was cracked and unsafe. Anyone know where I can get a new one?

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<b>I have an extra.... and its brand new.</b>

Joe,

I just so happen to have an extra and it's brand new. Yep, that's right. It's never been inflated, still has the factory ink stamping on the tire. The rim is perfect and is black in color... I thought they all were... I also have the screw down thing that holds the tire in the compartment. Picked it up out of a 77 280Z.

Make me an offer and we can "Wheel and Deal"...

BTW, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area... and I would guess that this thing weighs a good 25 lbs. So shipping will cost a few dollars.

Let me know what ya think...

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE: I have an extra.... and its brand new.

If the one from the 77 will fit my 82, then you have a deal, what are you looking for as far as payment....I might just drive up there, only about a hour and a half away.

Lemme Know
Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.