ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got K&N stock replacement filter, freer-flowing cat, turbo muffler, and recently replaced distributor. Since it's an '82 5sp I've got the good low-ratio rear-end (3.93?) She runs REAL strong, but I want more (don't we all? :), so what's next in the way of bolt-ons? Any ignition stuff (stronger coil, etc) that will help? I want it to be the best that it can Z. :)

BTW, suspension is totally stock. Any recommendations there are most appreciated as well, starting with the most bang for the buck. I've got my eye on some 15" turbo rims for starters.

Thanks!!

Jon

·
Registered
78 Posts
RE: So what's next for my '82NA 5sp?

rim and tire upgrades will yield the biggest handling gain for the least $. next on the suspension, i would replace all your bushings w/urethane--big improvement, small$. depending on how far you want to go with the engine, next sounds like a good valve job, with some mild cylinder head work like match porting and smoothing surfaces. once done, replace your cam with a performance unit, and you'll see a big improvement. this will cost some$ but if you can afford it, the investment will be well worth it.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<b>RE: So what's next for my '82NA 5sp?</b>

Do yourself a favor and upgrade your suspension! Going fast is one thing, but cornering fast is even better! Most affordable: keep an eye out at junk yards...I happened across a set of Eibach springs w/ KBY struts/shocks. Otherwise: Call around for a spring/strut combo in your price range. I have a set of Motorsport springs w/KYBs less than a year old that I'll be selling soon if you're interested. I'm in the SF Bay area (CA).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.