ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a '82 280ZX whos unibody is beyond repair. (rot) I am removing the engine for the block (L28) and am in search for a P90 head. I am going to bebuilding a custom engine with this and put it into a 280Z. I know mostly what I am going to do to upgrade but one area remains fuzzy. I am bouncing between putting in a triple weber carbs, or a DFI fuel injection. I have several friends w/ Z's and they all have ideas but no facts. Could someone point me in the right direction. I will be using this as a summer car on the road, and lack of money is not a problem, so go nuts. Thanks

Killjoy

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: Simple Question</b>

If this is indeed a road driven car and driven long and frequently, your best bet would be the throttle body conversion. The fuel injected TBs give you better response and the ablility to program your fuel to get awesome mpg on road trips. It also gives you the ability to program for performance. If you have ever seen the article on Herve's 240z with the TB and tech II he is able to get awesome performance and yet achieve 35mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Simple Question

I think the standard 280Z Fule Injection Setup is pretty proven comprimise for power VS performance. I would just convert it over to the standard 280Z Fuel Injection Setup myself.

Scott Milella

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.