ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you use to mount your hall sensor, from where did you get the material, how much, etc... Also did you install the magnets yourself or did you have a machine shop do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

82 Turbo
Dallas, Tx

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Scottie - need help with sds -

My engine is an 81 so I mounted the magnets on the crank sensor wheel on the damper. Because of how critical this component is to the accuracy of the system, I had a machine shop install the magnets using the templates provided with the system. Strongly advise that you mount the magnets on the "engine side" of the damper as a result of crank movement when the clutch is depressed. If the magnets are mounted on the front side of the damper with the Hall sensor in front of that, then the crank movement could actually cause the magnets to hit the sensor. I do not have a/c so I made a bracket for the sensor that bolts up on the block in place of where the a/c bracket was. Pretty difficult to envision and I dont have a photo so I made a somewhat crude drawing of my setup to give you some idea. See the drawing at: http://members.xoom.com/Turbo240Z/sds-sensor.jpg

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Scottie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.