ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to richen or lean the carbs on a 72 with SU carbs. If so, how do I know if they are both balanced the same, as far as richness/leaness. I had heard that you could buy a spark plug with a clear insulating glass but was wondering how to do it without one. I have the flow adjusted properly as per my flow meter but, the front carb is so rich that I am fouling plugs. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: rich carbs on 72z

If you have tuned up the engine and synchronized your carbs, check the heat range on your spark plugs. You may need a hotter plub, particularly if your car has have an L28 engine instad of the orginal L24. if this doesn't work, you may have to rebuild your carbs. Check with Motorsport Auto and only by the parts you need, they'll be expensive enough. You won't need the full kits.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: rich carbs on 72z

There is an adjustment nut on the bottem of the carb where the fuel inlet is. Turn is counter clockwise to lean the mixture. There are several good tech posts on other sites. Try zhome.com. If you plan to rebuild your carbs I would sugest you go to ztherapy.com. All he does is SU carbs, and has any part you would need. He also has a good video on cleaning and tuning/balancing SU's. Feel free to write me if you have any more problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.