ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to thank everyone that took the time and shared their story on the Z-Money and Time thread. I did read every message posted and enjoyed hearing from everyone. Some referred to it as therapy which wasn't the intent... but for some reason I think it did feel better to say something.... what an unexpected benefit.

I sure would like to see what others have invested as well. So if you haven't stood on your soapbox or added your 2 cents worth. Now is the time.

Tell me what ya have invested in your car, money and time... What you enjoy about your car and the amount of pride and honor you have for it. History of how you came across the car is good too.

Thanks again to everyone that has contibuted so far.
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: Response to Z-Money and Time</b>

I picked my early 260 up at an auto pawn about 3 yrs ago for around 1500. It looked good but deep inside it had problems. The car has never really been on the road yet because I keep changing directions on where I am going with it. I started out just doing a cheap restore. But cheap is what I was getting. Know I am going all out on a street racer. Adj. struts, lwr springs, big swaybars, 4x4 calipers, cross drilled rotors, roll bar, corbeau seats, 5point harness, and am in the process of hunting down a 3:90 rear. (This winter I will attempt the motor. I just sold the 260 motor that I had rebuilt.)
Not including seats, harness, and rear I have put over 2K since around sept. Followed with hours of cleaning and painting. Mind you I live in an apartment and only have a single car garage with 1 power outlet. Cool landlords :)......
I dont have a set budget for the car. I just keep adding what I need when money permits. Makes it slow but it will be worth it the first time I blow a Comaro away.<---- my goal.....
Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.